• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ground Blind

My wife is afraid of heights and want to go out for rifle season. We will be hunting private land surrounded by private land on all sides. My first question is it better to put this on the edge of an open area like a food plot or to try to conceal it in the woods on the highest groud possible. I also plan on putting a little orange on all 4 sides just in case some idiots wonder on to our land.

Second question is what is the best blind for 2 people to sit in? Cost is not really a concern

Its kind of late now to put up a blind. Most deer moving by it will pick out that something is different. That said I would put it somewhere you can blend it in with natural cover. Don't put it someplace where you will have no shot. I would try to get away from the food plot, but in a area they have to move through to get to it. GOOD LUCK

I would try to identify a high area to set up the blind. Deer don't naturally look up to identify potential predators. If there is anyway to overlook a high traffic area, you should get some shooting in. I often will sit on hillsides with no blind or cover and see plenty of deer.

I'll agree with the Double Bull. I have had two people in the blind and also filmed deer at the same time. It's not to late to put a blind up at all. If you put it up opening morning, cut some brush and branches and place them on the sides and top to break up the outline of the blind. It works for archery hunting so I see no reason why it won't work for a gun season. The idea of 4 orange tags on each side is also a great idea since you are hunting on the ground even on private property.

Goos luck.

I would go with a double bull also and I plan on putting 2 ground blinds out day before opener and possibly 1 on opening day, just blend it in well with the surrounding brush and you should be fine..you can also use scent killer to spray on it if you are worried about the smell