• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heat in a deer stand

This is my first year sitting in a stand. I was curious if any of you use heaters if it's cold out. I have a perm stand that is up and has some room. Will the smell run the deer off? I have a heater/cooker I could use. I was also thinking of just some charcoal in a coffee can. Not sure, I can sit in the cold with arctic armor on if that is a better benefit but warm is always good.

I once came across on old-timer while hunting. He was standing on the ground but also had a small fire going for warmth.

I asked him if he thought it would diminish his chances. He informed me that he has taken deer quite often and now uses the fire as an attractant. His theory was that deer are inquisitive and a small fire actually piques their curiousity.

Of course, a raging infernal will probably do the reverse.

Bob

I once came across on old-timer while hunting. He was standing on the ground but also had a small fire going for warmth.

I asked him if he thought it would diminish his chances. He informed me that he has taken deer quite often and now uses the fire as an attractant. His theory was that deer are inquisitive and a small fire actually piques their curiousity.

Of course, a raging infernal will probably do the reverse.

Bob

My dad has told me the exact same thing, that he knew a old-timer that did that. Maybe it was the same guy?