• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Limp Tail?

Labfan1

After a day long duck hunt on sunday and 8 awesome retrieves I noticed on monday my lab's tail was hanging low and it stayed like that most of the week. Did not seem to bother him and today it's back to normal. What gives?? I have seen this before "not with him" my other lab that I had. just curious??

Limp tail syndrom... very common. Sort of like a sprained tail from using it too much. Rest is the only cure. You can find all kinds f info on the internet or here by doing a search.

You've seen it twice and you'll probably see it again.

Good Luck!

Ken

i actually had this problem with my chocolate lab. i bought her a neoprene vest that has floatation on the sides, and it helps her swim and relieves stress on her tail for steering. she hasn't had "swimmers tail" since!

otherwise, about 4 days will heal it right up.

I have heard a lot about the limp tail, and looked for it after a day of 15+ retrieves. I do have the vest with flotation, maybe that helps. My dog had multiple retrieves involving wounded ducks that brought him out over 50 yds. Pretty scary for me with the freezing temps, but my dog didnt seem to mind.