• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

adhesives

meatfish

Question

I have a project that I'm working on and need some input on some adhesives for fabric for portables.I need it to hold strong and be flexable,and hold up to the cold.I have tried a couple of products but not strong enough.Any suggestions? Thanks for any input.

16 answers to this question

Check with an autobody supplier, NAPA, Auto Value O'Reillys, Keystone etc. 3M makes a line of adheisives that range from ridged to flexible. Spendy, but if if does the job, well worth it. You kind of get what you pay for.

airjer I am trying to do a lap seam on vinyl the same stuff that is on most portables the problem I am having is that the inside is more of a vinyl and the outside is more like fabric.

jimalm thanks I tried 3m but I don't believe was super strength I'll pick some up.

jigginjerk I agree and don't care about the cost.It has to get the job done. thanks . looks like I'm off to the auto store as well as the fabric warehouse to set up for some product testing.
meat menards has the 3 M products cheaper than O'rilies anyway

This is what Canvas Craft sold to me but it is available at other stores but if push comes to shove you can always order it from them. It works very fast compared to the cement that you have to apply to both sides and wait a half hour. You might have to wait 2 or 3 min. and I did apply it to both sides but the set up time is quick and it holds great. I had a lot of mice damage so I went thru 2 tubes before I had it patched the way I wanted.

jimalm thank you I'll try our local fleet supply store.It is not the farm but in some ways better.

Also off topic I am coming up there to get my kids fish house on sand lake and my cousin is coming up there in a couple weeks for the late season ducks. Sand lake,bowstring,cutfoot fish??

And is there a duck population up there or not?

Thanks again.