• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Networking Lowrance

1900_LE

Question

I have 2 x27c that I had professionally installed. They were networked together to both use the same GPS antenna (puck or whatever you call it). This was to mark or drop an icon on both units at the same time. Now, it doesn't work like that. I don't know if I changed something on the units unknowingly or what. I read what it said in the manual but I don't understand what all that means. I did unhook everything at one time and then remounted/installed it again and maybe I didn't hook the splice thing that they plug into the right way. I hope this makes sense and someone can give me some pointers on how to hook these together the right way. Thanks

2 answers to this question

If you have the right version of the software you can share waypoints, that means you set a waypoint on one unit and it will show on the other unit (as long as both units are turned on and networked together).

If you have an earlier version of the software you can't do the waypoint sharing. And it doens't work for icons, only for waypoints.

Waypoints that are already on one unit will not automatically show up on the other unit. You would need to transfer them with a SD card, the waypoint sharing is only for new waypoints that you set.

If it used to work and didn't, the most likely reasons would be that you unchecked the share waypoints option in the gps setup screens, or you loaded an earlier version of the software which doens't support that function. Hope that helps, good luck.