• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DNR Regulations == law??

FishingWebGuy

I'm probably totally wrong here but just because the DNR publishes something in the regulations does that make it law? What about people who don't hunt, don't buy licenses, and don't ever read the regulations?

i.e. the target shooting a firearm before/after firearms deer season.

Do the DNR regulations actually pass through the legislature and get signed as state law?

Or as license holders are we voluntarily agreeing to these regulations but they don't affect the general population?

Just wondering...

Just be careful of the trespass law. What they have written is a "guideline" and not a law - many things come into play. In general it is better to be safe than sorry... but I gotta say, if you are a waterfowler, and you follow the law, you will find that you can hunt in more places than the regs would seem "to allow".

Best to ask questions, check with the most local (cities or tonwships), and don't be afraid to check farther than what you hear from the reg booklet or the Internet.... case in point the Hugo thread on this forum... smile for any people who recall it, check the Hugo blotter from last week, and you will see that the landowners around BE are full of [PoorWordUsage] and have a ticked off sheriff conducting "some landowner education" discussions wink hehe.

good luck, find out what you can do and go and have fun where you can!