• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which day to hunt?

maros91

I can hunt all day one of these two days. Next Wednesday, the 5th, which the forecast I read today calls for clouds with possible rain and a high of 56 with winds from 15-30 MPH or Thursday, the 6th, which calls for a high of 47 with rain and winds from 20-40 mph. Both days look pretty windy but I am leaning toward Wed. What do you guys think?

The bucks have a good chance of being on the major chase by then, so I don't know if rain/wind will be as much of a factor on them moving about at anytime. But based on that forcecast I'd take Wed. Also, if you have a late shot that night you may have to take the following morning for recon and have a good excuse to stay and hunt the afternoon. Then the next is Friday and well why bother going back for one day and spoil a great 5 day weekend of rut hunting. Just a thought anyway wink