• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cooker?

TiNK3R

Hi guys! I plan on getting a big buddy heater for my fish trap (2person) but I would like to have a cooker too! I plan on doing a lot of overnights and would enjoy some fresh fish or hot dogs! Is there an equivalent heater that can also cook? or a small lightweight cooker i could buy in addition? I have a little mini grill but i dont want to bring charcoal and lighterfluid as well... any help is appreciated, thanks!

I would reccomend the propane powered slow cooker that you can buy at Cabela's! Those things work sweet, you can bring along some soup, chili,hotdish, boil some brats, hotdogs,sausage as well. We just bring the stuff along in zip locks and throw the whole bag right in some water in the slow cooker and there ya go! Works great

Check out the Mr Heater Cooker.

Heater and cooker all wrapped into one.

Will it heat as well as the big buddy? I'm really wanting to stick with it as I think the fan system will be invaluable for overnight trips laugh

Quote:
Will it heat as well as the big buddy? I'm really wanting to stick with it as I think the fan system will be invaluable for overnight trips

Just make sure to have a CO detector because they both need to be used in a vented area and you don't want to take that really long nap that you never wake up from frown

The Mr. Heater cooker is what I use. More heat than a buddy heater, flip it on its back and boil coffee or water for hot dogs etc. Drawback is you have to have a good fresh air supply so you dont get a headache or the old "Propane Flu".

The Buddie heaters supposedly have the kinks worked out for this year. New hoses etc. I will wait and see and if they are working better than the old I will be running a big buddy heater later on. I still would carry the Mr. Heater Cooker for the cooking aplications.

Phred52,

I had an incident with the shorter hose on my cooker. frown I now have the 12' hose and I zip tied the section closest to the cooker to the frame I'm not going to have my otter catch fire because the hose is too short. smile And I like having the tank outside. With all of the problems I have heard about with the buddy and big buddy, I would rather spend the money on a couple of new rods and reels and know that I'll have no problems with my mr. heater/cooker. If it gets too hot in the house I just turn off the cooker for a while or strip to my underwear, not a pretty sight I know. wink