Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machohorn

What reel?

4 posts in this topic

I ordered a TB 32 walleye for me and a perch sweetheart for the wifey, What reel to get, Tica? are they that good, or a pflueger I like these for open water. Mostly house fishing, port for me and the perm for the wifey.

Plenty of options out there for sure. Not sure if there is a best. If you like Pflu, get a pflueger... I have a few of the Tica and they are very nice reels... I am planning on getting a few of the new shimano 500 size..

I run my Sustain 1000's on my two 32" Perch and Panfish. Only becuase I truly appreciate landing a 14" Perch as well as a 16" Crappie. I run Stradic 1000's and Sahara 750's on most of my other rods, but I'm looking forward to seeing some 500's.

Lots of great reels on the market now for us ice heads. Small reels that peform well in the coldest of elements. Tica and Pflueger's have been my choice for years. But, now, with the introduction of the Jason Mitchell Elite Series reel ( JMS500 Spinning Reel ), we have another winner to choose from too.