• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muzzleloader Trajectory

BradT

So I bought a .50 cal CVA Buckhorn and I want to go sight it in tonight. My question is how high at 50yards to be close at 100yards? I'm going to be shooting 100 grains of 777 pellets and 240 grain TC sabot hollow points. I've heard between 2 and 4 inches, does that sound right? Thanks for all the help.

I also went and shot my Muzzy today. I played around with the different powder loads(100&150 grain loads) and also different bullets(250&295 Grain) . What I found was that at 100 yards it made no difference on the amount of powder or what bullet I was shooting. I fired 24 shots and I was on the paper within 7 inches of the center on all of the shots. The only difference was that the 100 graing powder loads were slower, Icould hear they hit the target.

At 50 yards I am 2-3 inches high.

2 inches high at 50 is about perfect. After 100 yards with 100 grains you will get significantly more drop. I shot one at 150 and I held on about on his spine and it dropped right into the boiler room. It dropped at least 7 inches at 150. I also shoot a .45cal so that may have made a difference as well.