• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jason Mitchell rods and reels

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddha,

Lots of spots in the cities that sell them. Check the dealer list for a store near you.

Or, check em out at the ice show. Jason will be there himself. Or, places like Marine General, Reeds, Joes, etc will have em there too.

Weren't they comming out with a 36" or 38" Lake Trout spinning rod for this season? I looked on the web site and did not see them. This was going to be my primary focus at the ice fishing show and if they dont make them anymore, or did not release them I will be torqued. I spent the last one looking for a 36" Pak Stik Only to find out they did not make them anymore.

Harvey that 38" spinning sounds like it would be a another great laker rod by Jason Mitchell.I love my Mackinaw's but would like to add a spinning rod. All of the spinning rods that I use now are for walleyes and that longer length would really help on the hookset. I just hope that Lisa understands grin

I have been using Jason Mitchell rods for a couple of years now and I have to say they are some o f the best rods I have used. I set up all my clients with the spring bobber rod and our catch rate has increased dramatically. I also like the walleye rods for the fact that the eyes are larger so you can use them in our out of the fish house and dont have to worry about freeze up.

Jeff dosch

www.doschguides.com

Northlander do you know if Marine General has the Jason Mitchell 38" spinning in stock ?

Not as of today at 3pm. Its also not on their HSOforum either. I have to go talk to Russ tomorrow so I will get the skinny then and report back.

Im sure they will be at the ice show and if your not going I can pick you up one, two or three and ship it to you if you like. grin

Harvey luckily my wife isnt big into flashy stuff. She does however have almost as many shoes as I do stick baits. wink

Quote:
Been hearing so much about them, where can I get them? The advice on this site has been awesome thru the years, from augers on down.

Moore's Bait & Tackle carries all the JM ice rods.

http://www.mooresbait.com/

Last year I used the JM spring bobber rod or the meatstick most of the time when I was out on the ice. I just added the 28" walleye to the arsenal too.

jimalm I just talked to Russ and Corey today and they are trying to get them in as I type. Im anxious to give one a try myself. I much prefer fighting fish on spinning rods.

Do you want me to grab ya a couple at the Ice Fishing show?

Northlander

I will wait to see them at Marine General just so I can get a feel for the action. I know what you mean about preferring spinning when fighting a fish. I was thinking of rigging some up for pike fishing with quick strike rigs till laker fishing starts. Thanks for the offer to grab me a couple.

Yes, much more forgiving action than the Mackinaw and one more suited to the "South of the Border" size fish. But still beefy enough to handle the bonus hog.

I really liked it.

jimalm - An order of the combos just came in this last week. I just bought a 28" walleye combo for my brother yesterday. There were a couple of those laker spinning rods in the box that I could see.

Wellesy