• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st annual 'Boji Bonanza! An HSO Get Together

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally sad that I have to say, I can't be at this event. I have to work a full day and prolly more on Saturday. cry

I know yous guys will have a good time. With Perchpounder and Muc as your hosts you can do a LOT worse.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures, and living a bit vicariously through yous guys tomorrow.

Only a couple inches of snow, nothing to worry about. I just talked to PP and he found fish today. As for baits any small horazontal type will produce. ratso's ratfinkies, gill pills ect will get them on your line. Muc has his wheele house near the boat ramp, someone will be there to help direct guys to where some fish are. I think its a green one with a white door. Should be a good time, looking forward to meeting a few new faces.

Looks like I might be a bit later than the 8:00 that I was planning, with the roads. But I will be there. Black older Chevy, Blue Yukon and a little boy waiting to catch fish. I will try to have my Screen name from other boards(J_Jaacks) in the license holder on the shack. See you tomorrow.

I wish you could have made it too Harvey. We had a great time in the shack today with those two, it was great to put some faces to names.

PP left his fishing pole in here and Muc left his bait...I imagine they will be back in the morning.

I am sure those guys will get on the gills tomorrow. We set up on a pretty nice spot for eyes out here but this front has things shut off since last night. Tons coming by not much of a bite tonight.

For those that have not fished Okoboji, it is just an incredible experience, even when the fish aren't that active. This lake is so clear you can see the bottom and the fish all over.

Again, I am really looking forward to meeting you guys that do make it and for those that don't hopefully PP will do another one next year.

It was great being able to put a few faces to the names today. It was unfortunate that the fish were not biting any better but like I said earlier catching fish is always the bonus. I wish I could have met more of you but we ended up having to get some work done this morning before we came to the lake. I hope that this becomes a yearly event. It's always great getting together with a group of guys that share the same interests...

We ended up going to Spirit Saturday morning. Only had till noon before other family things were planned, but the perch bite was excellent. Had to do a lot of sorting through small fish, but had no trouble coming up with enough keepers for a meal or two.

i and hondarider550 got there at about 130 had a good time meeting some of the guys and fishing for the first time on ice this year bite was slow but saw a few fish we can now put faces with names looking foreword to doing it again next year

First of all thanks to everyone who showed up. Its too bad the fishing wasn't better but that's what makes it fishing. There were fish in the are but they weren't too cooperative. It really surprised me that I had the most success by sitting in the 80 degree hard house all day and never moving. For the most part I think everyone had a good time and thats what get togethers are all about. I am open to suggestions to make it better either a new date or location hopefully we can turn this into a must attend event in the future. We are a little short on pics but we did get into some fish today and I think DTRO got the full 'boji experience seeing every thing from bull gills to 40"+ muskies. Thanks for coming down Darren we'll have to do it again before we head to Michigan. Can't wait to see how your videos from today turned out from today and I can't seem to find my card reader or I would post a few more pics here maybe Muc will do it before I get a chance.