• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st annual 'Boji Bonanza! An HSO Get Together

Nice video, one thing we can assure down there is the fact that we will all see fish, catching them, well, we will pose the test. We had another good day on West Lake this morning. catching plenty of nice gills again. Not much for Crappie action right now, but hopefully that will come. Also had plenty of gators coming through so for those who are coming, bring a tip up if you want the toothy guys! Sounds like quite a few people coming in. Be sure to reserve a room at the Northland in if you want to stay, because we will also be out fishing on Sunday as well! One week away and great things to come for those who have never been to this truly amazing fishery!!!

In response to the driving on the ice thing. You can never be too safe. We watched someone have a very bad day today as they dropped thier truck in on Millers Bay late this morning. You just never know people... I know I will be making the trip on foot, or wheeler.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished a couple hours on Emerson's today seen some gills, pike, and one muskie on the camera. There are definitely fish in the area and the weeds are still looking good. We measured 14" of ice where we tried it south of the landing but there was one truck out off of Pocahontas Point along with a couple other permanents.

It's not an "official" list but I went back through the thread. and this is what I came up with.

PerchPounder

Muc33

DTRO

Esox Magnum

Iafish4fun

Moparmarv

Epkirkman

Idratherbefishing

NWbuck

Hondarider550

Iowanoy

Kodiak

Riverrat56

Conduct

Bigeye30"

Britfisher

Boilerguy

Agronomist at IA

Looks like a pretty good group for the first year. Muc and I will be prefishing on Friday. The water is a little stained but still clear enough to see the fish and your jig on the bottom. The fish are definitely around it should be a great day for everyone to catch some fish.

I think we are going to be using Muc's house as basecamp/warming house. Food will not be provided but there will be a small grill available if you wish to bring something to cook or warm up on it. His will be the green and white v front probably easily sighted in front of the landing. I'll probably start my day off there trying to meet everyone and pointing them in the right direction (hopefully).

I will be moving my perm out by Pilsbury tomorrow or Thursday. We will be fishing the bay the next four or five days. We have a white V front with an anglers bay address on the back. Come by and knock on the door. We do have a hummingbird 55 we picked up. Pretty nice unit, I was gettting a Marcum but couldn't find one anywhere near here.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

It is still looking good as long as the weather holds out. I will only be able to make for Saturday, as the youngest one has a wrestling tournament Sunday. I should have a Cableas VXR in tote to try and learn too. I would certainly like to see that bird if you wouldn't mind. I am hoping to be there about 8:00 as I think my youngest will want to go.

Shawn, we can safely drive out? If I take my boy, I am a little more chicken than normal. Also that would allow me to take more stuff that I will probably never use.

Great Call Esox and to those from out of Iowa who are planning to come, go to the Iowa DNR HSOforum and you can purchase and print your license right from there!!!! It is very nice.

I can't wait! Ready for some fun! Hope you all can make it!

For you guys that are thinking about dragging a bunch of stuff out in case we don't have good enough ice, you won't need any of it.

I loaned my 4 wheeler to some friends that fished Emerson all day and they didn't do anything but fight to get it out of the truck and back in. They drove all over and didn't use it at all, they ended up setting a couple perms with their trucks.

I am changing my plans and will have my shack on pocahontas point or somewhere near the reef out there. Pillsbury didn't produce last night.

Again, feel free to stop by to check out the 55, have a beer or just say hello.

We have decided to move out Friday morning and will fish all weekend. Chris or Shawn give me a shout when you guys get out there.

Muc and I should be out there sometime friday morning. Hopefully fishing all day. Shoot me an email with your # and ill givey ou call when we get there. Im assuming there isn't much snow left on the ice and that the landing is still in good shape? Sounds like the weather should be pretty decent this weekend so we can get people onto some fish.

[email protected]

FYI don't forget to renew your Iowa license before fishing Saturday. Iowa license expires at midnight Jan 9th

Not that it's a big deal for most, but your 2008 license is good on Saturday the 10th. For many seasons (late muzzleloader, pheasant, etc.), the last day is the 10th, and the license you purchased to hunt that season is good through the entire season.

i'll be moving my shantie from virgin in palo to emerson bay for the first time where would you guys start and any tips and i'll be there the 10 or 11 sounds like its going to be a good time

stonecat

I went back through the thread and saw that someone might be in need of a heater. Not sure if that's still the case, but if so, I will have a spare along that someone could use. Sounds like a good time...