• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st annual 'Boji Bonanza! An HSO Get Together

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought for you guys....If you want to make a weekend of it you can stay really cheap at a couple places in the winter months. I know Harbor View Resort has really cheap rooms and the church camp right on Little Emerson rent out their cabins for like 80 bucks a night. I think you can sleep 8 people or more in the cabins.

I am planning on having both of my portables down there so I should have atleast one extra seat. With the temps not getting above freezing the lake should be making good ice and I'll hopefully be able to get out and do some scouting in the next couple of weeks.

you guys that havent been there are in for a treat, i grew up about and hour southwest of boji, and have some great memories of my childhood on this lake!

my buddy curt(conduct) and i are going to try to be there.

you guys that havent been there are in for a treat, i grew up about and hour southwest of boji, and have some great memories of my childhood on this lake!

my buddy curt(conduct) and i are going to try to be there.

No trying here I got the OK from the wife. grin

I am heading out tomorow to try out my new camera setup, will be the first visit to the Okoboji area to ice fish even though I am only 20 miles North.

If all goes well I would like to head out on the 10th to see how many fish every one else catches ( Im known for fishing, not catching)

Little update, many are driving out to the reef on Emerson. Not sure on ice thickness but most were SUV's and 1/2 ton pick ups. Lots of permies set up but unsure of the bite. I'll try and get out there this coming weekend and scout around. Anyone else going to be around over the New Years weekend?

There was limited vehicle traffic out the last Friday and close to 11" of ice where I fished at. I didn't fish long but I did find good weeds and alot of smaller fish. With a little prefishing finding some bigger fish shouldn't take too much work. There were quite a few permanent shacks out there already and close to 15-20 portables when I was there friday. With the Harbor View Tourner on Little E this weekend if there are fish to be caught in there they will be found.

I'm on call that weekend...........however, I chatted it up with my boss man and there's a good chance I can swing into this event. If problems arise at work, I may need to bail out. A few other fellas are looking into their lifes schedules to see if they can trade with me, also.

So, I can't say for sure I'll be there, but if I can swing it count me in!!!! Perchpounder and muc, make sure you set up as far away from Riverrat as possible. grin