• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st annual 'Boji Bonanza! An HSO Get Together

You are all invited to come and have some fun with the FM/HSO/IceLeaders crew at the first annual ‘Boji Bonanza January 10th at 8am at Emerson Bay on the SW side of West Lake Okoboji right off of Highway 86.

Get your eyes ready to peer into the crystal blue waters and get set for panfish heaven!!! You might even encounter the sighting of a 50 inch Musky while you sight fish for slab crappies, big bull gills, and we can even find a shelf in deeper water and sight fish some fantastic walleye!!! All you need to do is show up!

We will meet at the parking lot of Emerson Bay and try to keep traffic on the lake to a minimum as the crystal blue lake can yield some spooky pannies. In a group or spreading to cover some ground, the weed beds to the sandy flats can produce a real BONANZA of fish. We will fish the morning, take a break and join to gather some information on presentations that work on ‘Boji and grab a bite to eat together.

If you have never fished the Iowa Great Lakes, YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT!

So get your finesse plastics ready and lets fish the first ever ‘BOJI BONANZA with FishingMinnesota - HotSpotOutdoors - IceLeaders.

West Lake Okoboji is the second largest in the chain of lakes at 3,850 acres with depths up to 134’. It is one of Iowa’s most popular lakes because the subterranean springs that make the water clear blue. It is one of only three true blue water lakes in the world. This glacial lake was created by the Wisconsin Glacier nearly 4,000 years ago.

For those looking for shut eye accommodations, please contact Friends of FishingMinnesota the Northland Inn . Be sure to tell them you are coming for the FM event.

If you have questions, ask away!

We are here to help!

[email protected]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my first ice trip to okoboji spoiled me. seeing every thing that swims and catching pounder after pounder on spirit. you guys will not need your aqua vu that's for sure. but i suppose you could get some great video. it's pretty neat when you stop seeing panfish for a while, then you see why when that big pike or ski sticks his nose in and stares at your tiny ice jig. i'm all aflutter just thinking about it. can't wait to see the pics!

Been there done that. We have already expierienced the RR56 shutdown. hehehehehehehe. Nick, come on down, you will have a blast for sure!!! While we have this listed as a one day event. For those of you who know us, we will be fishing Sunday as well. Click on the Northland Inn link above and get a room from a friend of FM and make it a two day trip, you won't want to miss it.

Nick, get ahold of Bill "idratherbefishing" he is now living back up in the Mankato area and has fished boji many many times when he lived down in Worthington. I would bet if he has room, you could jump in!

If you can shut down 'boji and make it so nobody catches anything I will shake your hand and give you all of my ice fishing equipment. If the fish aren't holding in Emersons bay they will be going somewhere else. We might just have to change venues but we have a little time before we need to decide that.

Man that date is not good cry. Going down south for the late season doe hunt. Belive me the ones that can make it, are going to have a blast. I don't care where you go, you will catch fish. There is only one bay that has nothing in it and that is Hayward bay wink. Stay away from Hayward bay, no sand, no weeds and no rocks laugh The only thing you will find there is Me. Good luck to ya all, and looking forward to the pic's.