Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

Adoption

29 posts in this topic

Hey fellow FMers. My wife and I just had a two hour interview for an 11 year old this morning. We think it went really well and should know in a few days if we are selected to be her perents. We have a three year old we adopted at birth and are looking to add to our family. We are very excited and hope we are selected for her. Just thought I would post it for my friends to see.

Way to go Sandmann! That's great. I hope you get picked. I know what the waiting game is like. We waited only a few days after our interview 8 years ago to find out that we were picked but it was a tough couple of days!

If you don't mind me asking, what agency are you going through?

Great news man! smile I wish the best of luck and everything else!

Way to go Sandmann! That's great. I hope you get picked. I know what the waiting game is like. We waited only a few days after our interview 8 years ago to find out that we were picked but it was a tough couple of days!

Yea, we had to wait four days to hear about our daughter three years ago and it's gruling for sure so I know what it's like. We are going through Hope Adoptoin. Actually if anyone is ever interested in adoption and the cost is setting you back take a look at the MN waiting children program. No out of pocket to adopt a waiting child. It's the only way we could adopt again. If anyone is interested and wants more info you can email me at s_e_hendricks at comcast dot net. I'm a big advocate for adoption so I will offer any info I can to help you out. Kids are the best thing in your life and no one should be without if they want children.

I hope it works out sand! I have a 10 year old daughter and believe nobody should be without one smile

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2

Yea, we had to wait four days to hear about our daughter three years ago and it's gruling for sure so I know what it's like. We are going through Hope Adoptoin. Actually if anyone is ever interested in adoption and the cost is setting you back take a look at the MN waiting children program. No out of pocket to adopt a waiting child. It's the only way we could adopt again. If anyone is interested and wants more info you can email me at s_e_hendricks at comcast dot net. I'm a big advocate for adoption so I will offer any info I can to help you out. Kids are the best thing in your life and no one should be without if they want children.

I whole heartedly agree with everything that is said here. I feel the exact same way that you do. Adopting my son was by far the single best thing that I have ever done. It's not an easy process but it's not a terribly hard one either. If we ever decided to do it again it would be through the same avenue that you are using right now. The first one cost an arm and a leg, not that I would change a thing.

I hope everything works out for you. I know that little girl would have a very good home with you. My son and I will maybe have to meet up with you on a lake sometime and do a little fishing.

Dave, would love to meet up with you and your son. I have a very close friend that lives down in Belle Plaine. She's our daughter's God Mother. I don't get down there a lot, but we'll have to look each other up sometime. Shoot me an email anytime.

Sandmannd, I don't have your e-mail address but mine is davidw(at)healthpostures(dot)com. Feel free to contact me any time as well.

Good luck brother, I know how long you and Marika have been trying to adopt another child so you are definitely in our thoughts and prayers through this

Sandmannd - I wish you all the luck in the world.

We became foster parents to our 4 year old grand niece this past August. The father is in prison and our niece is strung out on drugs.

The county pulled the girl from the Mother and were going to place her with an unknown foster family. My wife & I (I'm 48, Robin is 55, married 19 years) never had children together and at this point were thinking more about retirement then having any kids. We offered to take her in. No one else in our family was really in a position to do it and we have known her all her life.

She grew up in an environment where cops are the bad guys and all of Mommy's secrets were held with her. It's been 3 months now and she is adjusting very well, considering. We will be adopting her within the next year. Tonight we'll be going Trick or Treating for her first time and my first in about 35 years.

She has brought something to our lives that we never knew we were missing. Again, I wish you all the best!!

Unlike my Ronald Reagan tag line - St. Louis County Social Services have been wonderful to work with and will be faciliting the adoption.

Leaky, I have to say that hearing your story gave me some goose bumps. I'm a big guy, probably scare some that don't know me, but as my wife says, I'm a big push over when it comes to kids. To hear you took in this little girl because it was the best for her is very heart-warming. To know that you are finding an unknown joy and fulfilment in your life that you didn't know was missing is very profound to me and why I believe so much in adoption. Congratulations to Robin and Yourself for taking on the most rewarding life you will ever know. All I can say is show her love and enjoy the ride. The best thing for these children is to go with family, unfortunatly it's not always possible. Thank you for sharing your story.

I'm taking my little girl out for the first time tonight as well and I'm more excited than she is. I believe my signature says it all.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and kind words. Our fingers are crossed.

Ha! I remember trick or treating with you and Chubbles and Topo.... Pillowcases stuffed with candy!!

Good luck and Godspeed with the adoption Jim. Kids are great, and I'm sure you will all do fine. Sounds like the little girl is finally getting a run of good luck.

Sandmannd - Have fun tonight. Heck, Im dressing up with her as a quarter pounder with cheese. It's going to be a riot.

Thanks Rob - Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end. Next year I'd like to get her up north and chase down those same routes we took as kids

Just to let all of you know, Our family has been blessed with another member. We got the 'offical' word that we were chosen to be the parents of an 11 year old girl named Reanna. If all goes great, she should be in our home no later than Thanksgiving.

Have a wonderful day, I know I will..

Leaky, how was your first halloween with the little one? Mine was a blast, just so much fun to watch her. Kids are just the best thing ever!!

Just to let all of you know, Our family has been blessed with another member. We got the 'offical' word that we were chosen to be the parents of an 11 year old girl named Reanna. If all goes great, she should be in our home no later than Thanksgiving.

Have a wonderful day, I know I will..

Leaky, how was your first halloween with the little one? Mine was a blast, just so much fun to watch her. Kids are just the best thing ever!!

Congrats Shane nothing better