• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New gear ? What did YOU get ?

chad austin

How many of you got new gear for this years ice?

What did you get and did you replace old equipment or is it

a new piece to your arsenal?

Here's what I got, all new pieces to my ice mulisha;

Strikemaster 8" lazer (bought before motor line was shut down)

Vexilar FL-8 SLT ice box for my boy (a few years old but great shape and a killer price)

Vexilar FL-8 SLT pro pack for me ( 2 yrs. old and paid less than the other one)

Marcum VS350 under water camera

Replaced old tank top sunflower with new heater/cooker

I'm obviously hooked as I work in anoka and was down at the dam, hanging the camera over the railing on my lunch break

My something new is Arctic Armor jacket and bibs in camo. Been using the jacket in the duck blind and so far I really like it.

Lots of pockets for storage, think I find a new pocket every time I use it. I'm not ready for winter yet but I got to admit, I'm a little excited to wear my new Arctic Armor.

You can find Arctic Armor Here

I finally broke down and got a rebuilt aquaview Scout XL. Also picked up a 97 Arctic Cat Pantera. It's a 2 seater with reverse and EFI. Still have the itch to upgrade my flasher and maybe an arcitc armor suit. The last 2 might have to wait til next year.

I will be getting a Strikemaster Mag 2000 in the next week.. I am concerned about them doing the new motors.. Have they already made the change to overseas motor production? I really likes the idea of the Tecumseh made in the US so if they moved the operation overseas I may be getting a 1 year old auger..

Other than that I hope to get a H2O for Christmas with the Ram mounting bracket for my snowmobile at the cabin..

After doing a spending spree the last couple years, my hope is that this year I can get by with buying very little cause I think I have all of what I should need.

I do however plan to stop in at the St.Paul Ice Show. That may be the one weekend I will have to treat myself to some early xmas gifts. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff out this season and hopefull get some good deals.

Oh and I did add a red glow chubby darter - couldn't find any of these last season, so I had to jump on it.

To say the least I've been doing my part to stimulate the free falling economy. Here's my list.

Otter medium cabin + all accessories

Fishtrap Pro + all accessories

Jiffy STX Pro

LX-5

Arctic Armor

1600gram Rubber boots

2 Jason mitchell rods

1 Thorne Brothers power noodle

2 tica ss500's

2 pflueger president 6720X

Things still on my wish list:

Mopod and digital camcorder to fully utilize my Marcum VS380 underwater camera.

Lowrance IFinder Expedition C + map chip

Four wheeler to increase mobility

Still have to replenish the tackle supply from last and add the latest and greatest to my arsenal.

Wowzers Perch, you sure are trying to stimulate the economy. The only thing I have added so far this year is my new Arctic Armor suit. I have a ton of other gear from years past. I will be trying to save the money to make a few more trips this year.

Things on the wish list would be another Thorne rod or two, a couple Tica reels to go with the Thorne rods, and maybe that new Mr. Heater Base Camp.