• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reminiscing

cant really narrow it down to one.

That was my problem. I have a couple. One, is all the kids in the neighborhood would get together, half would be on my side of the street and the other half would be on Jacobs side and we would have huge snowball fights, then after several hours going in the house half frozen putting my boots on the heater along with my 'knitted' mittens, my fingers and toes stinging with cold until we would lay on the floor and put our feet up on the warm wall right over the heater. Ofcourse there was hot chocolate too.

My brother tying an old carhood to the back of his car (remember this was A LONG LONG time ago there were no inflatables)and driving us out on the frozen lake really fast (I dont think he really thought it through)Then doing some fishing in their fishouse. And snowmobiling with him and his best friend Chris and my best friend Erica. There was a 6 year difference between us and the only time he would tell me no is when there was a GIRL GOING (My brother was my world growing up. Didnt matter what it was I had to go with him.)

sliding and iceskateing were always a treat too.

When we had a fresh snow, we would play fox and geese while waiting for the bus. My dad would make an ice skating rink in the backyard, until the year the neighbor kids smashed it.

We still like to make snow angels, and have snowball fights. Some things you never out grow!

I was born in December and always hated winter, my favorite memories of the winter time was laying on the floor by the space heater toasty warm listening to Hank Williams records on the phonograph. My favorite song was Kaw-liga, and now I cant stand country music.....go figure.

I was born in December and always hated winter, my favorite memories of the winter time was laying on the floor by the space heater toasty warm listening to Hank Williams records on the phonograph. My favorite song was Kaw-liga, and now I cant stand country music.....go figure.

Wanna trade, during the winter months I'll take your house and you can take my house....well that wont work , I'll still be stuck here in the summer

Funny thing is, even though I hate the cold I love ice fishing. Not the namby pamby gotta have a heated ice shack, but the gut wrenching freezing my toes off sitting on a bucket fishing. (Shhhhhh don't tell anybody that I don't go out when it is below zero)

Ohhhh good question DeeDee!

My favorite winter memory would be our snow forts! We made the most awesome snow forts when we'd get those big piles of snow from the snowplow! I'd be frozen through but sitting in those forts somehow made me feel the illusion that I was warm and toasty in my cozy snow fort. grin

When I was a kid, my family was big into winter snowmobile parties at my aunt and uncles farm. Their property backed up to a lake, so we had plenty of room to snowmobile.

We owned 3 big Arctic Cats and a Kitty Cat and a sled. My dad loaded up the Kitty Cat on the sled behind the big Cat and hauled it onto the lake where some people were partying and having a bonfire. When we got close, he unloaded it and I went driving in there on that little thing whining. These people were more than a little toasted, and I weaved in and out between them. It was hilarious!!

Those were the days.

Funny Char! I can just see you on a little Kitty Cat! You're such an adventurous girl weaving in and out! winksmile My twin nieces have one too.

We also had some sort of an Arctic Cat (a Puma maybe?)and zooming down the "Copenhagen Trail". My grandpa had nailed up his snuff lids along his trail where he'd get firewood for the winter and this was our snowmobile trail. My sisters and I would pull each other around (I have 3 sisters) with the snowmobile and this old sleddog sled. Fun times girls!! I love this reminiscing thread!! I could go on forever. And probably will! grin

Did anyone have a pair of those red plastic skis? I thought they were called KTels or something like that?? We had a pair and did those things rock!!

I also had one of those red square igloo maker blocks but I could never build a top for it or they'd all fall over! 13843.jpg

snowball fights, fort wars, having my head shoved into snow by my brother....oh wait, that wasnt a good memory..LOL At least it was white snow, not yellow snow....

making snow ice cream of course!!! YUMMY!

ohhh yes....snow wrestling..... *giggling*

my favorite winter activity was and still is ice fishing. I can't get enough of that. Waiting for the first snow fall the take the sleds out. I also enjoyed throwing snow balls at my little brothers... lol yeah until they started throwing them back.

never tried snow ice cream tho... well maybe ill need try that this year lol

Snow Ice Cream

1 gallon snow

1 cup white sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 cups milk or I have used half/half or whipping cream too!

When it starts to snow, place a large, clean bowl outside to collect the flakes. Stir in sugar and vanilla to taste, then stir in just enough milk for the desired consistency. Serve at once.

Ice skating! at the pond down the street - dragging your skates down there and sitting in the snow to get them on. Then going home with frozen toes... and sitting next to the basement incinerator to thaw them out.

When we got a little older we could walk to the community rink at night - they even had lights! - and meet up with the boys whistle ah - young love smile