• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prediction...

Scoot

I'm going to go sit this evening (finally!) and I've got a funny feeling in my tummy! Who knows if I'll even see a deer, but I have a good feeling about tonight. I had a dream last night that I shot a nice buck. We'll just see if I can make it reality. Wish me luck!

I had that feeling last night. Its that time of the year when I kinda get the butterflies every time I go out. I hope your prediction comes true, that would be pretty sweet to "call your shot" and have it happen.

Went out last night, lots of activity, but the deer were all bedded by the corn field. Busted when I walked in, only saw a couple more after that. The deer don't have to move anywhere right now, they just go into the woods a little ways and bed down. Tough hunting if the corn doesn't leave soon...

last night a coworker who knows I live in the woods in the fall said she dreamt that I shot a 6 point buck with a gree growing out of its head. Strange, huh. Scoot, if you see a 6 point buck with a tree growing up our of its head, don't shoot it, evidently its mine.

Last night was the first time in my life that I saw more bucks than does. I passed on very respectable 6ptr, a spike, and then heard brutus either fighting or rubbing the [PoorWordUsage] out of a tree but it sure sounded extremely load. With this warmer weather I was thinking they would slow down but last night proved otherwise. I think you might be right, the bucks are curtainly on the move.

mr

If you have any questions on where to hunt the ranch Scoot, shoot me an e-mail.

Personally I would head to the west of the house through the gate about 100 yards from the yard. Go through the next gate that is probably down and all the way to the picked corn field.

As you get close to the corn go north approx 100 yards and set up back in the woods about 10 yards or so. The deer have been hitting the field fairly heavy. And yes, we have seen some nicer shooters there too.

Good luck tonight.

Cool- thanks everyone! I'm not really trying to "call my shot", just saying I had a dream and I've got a good feeling! Of couse that feeling might just be gas... blush

Tom, thanks much for the suggestion- I would be dumb to sit somewhere other than where you suggest, so if the wind will let me, that's where I'll go! I'll shoot you an e-mail to see if I follow where you're talking about. Thanks again for the tip!

Well... apparently the funny feeling was just gas! Tom, I went in the area you mentioned and it was perfect. However, the wind switched and I was pretty well screwed for any deer coming from the West. I saw four deer, but they were about a mile to the NW on a grassy hillside. Beautiful night in the stand though- doesn't get any better! Also, I took my 11 year old nephew out with me and he had a blast! We had a cow come under the stand for a while and he thought that was funny as heck. The cow was bellering loud as heck and my nephew got the giggles about it- we had a good chuckle.

Tom, when you get to the house I left a present there for you. If you park in the driveway so the steps are on your left and the wood pile is on the right: go over to the wood pile. There's a set of sheds wrapped up in rope on the left half of the wood pile. Right next to those sheds, you'll find your present. Thanks again for your generosity.

Good luck out there next week!!!