• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bassin this weekend!

Burchoid

im going to try and get out around pool 6. havnt done any bass fishing on it for awhile since ive been targeting muskies up north. Might end up going after some eyes since i hear they have been biting good lately.

im going out saturday till tues. heading up to my brothers house to hopefully hook into some of the piggies I found on his lake during the summer. little worried thogh i have no idea were to find them its no deeper than 20 ft and no real structure that ive found so it should be interesting.

Bass Whacker my lake is that way (26 ft max, less structure than a bowl made in high school pottery). Most of the time the active fish are on flats at around 5-8ft with deeper water not too far away. Usually you can troll til you hit one, then focus on that spot or similar spots (assuming this is a smaller lake)

Got out yesterday and man was it tough, did manage 1 bass after hours of fishing. The lake I was on turned clear and the weeds disappeared, completely different from the last time out there. The fish I did get bit on a spinnerbait slow-rolling, and it really bit light.

Ike,

If you have never been on the Horseshoe chain, be careful.

All the marker have been pulled and depending on where you

want to fish it can be dangerous to run. If you stay on the main lake and stay out of the river you should be fine.

There are a couple of dangerous spots on Cedar also. I was out

last weekend and caught them on the steep drops on a power worms and a jig but it was tough. Good Luck.

Got out yesterday and man was it tough, did manage 1 bass after hours of fishing. The lake I was on turned clear and the weeds disappeared, completely different from the last time out there. The fish I did get bit on a spinnerbait slow-rolling, and it really bit light.

If you get back out try and find deeper green weeds and throw a tube or jig n pig at em. Otherwise try a rattle trap or jerk bait in shallower.

I'll be on the Mississippi rippin up the riprap and laydowns with a crankbait.

Are we allowed to post myspace links here? I keep all my fishing pictures there.

VahnTitrio yeah it is a small lake like 90 some acres the only thing im worried about is that they might be off the flats and in deeper water and I'm thinkingthey will prolly be pretty lazy. but all you can do is get the line in the water and try right?

has anyone been fishing the river much? i havnt been out on pool 6 in about 3 weeks since ive been mainly musky fishing, but i plan on hitting it hard this weekend. just curious on whats working, depths, and colors? thanks

Got out yesterday afternooon. Fished from 3:45 till about 6:30. Not one bite. Tried shallow wooded and rocky shorelines with buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, Rage shad, Wacky rigged sinko. Tried a bit deeper with DT-6, DT-10 and a DT-16 on a sunken rock hump that tops out at 16 fow and drops to about 20 feet. (about size of a two stall garage). Water temp was 46 degrees. The lake itself is typically a good bass lake so getting completely skunked after nearly 3 hours is tough to take but I can only assume that turnover had occured a couple days prior. Lake is typically pretty clear and yesterday clarity was about 2-3 feet. Any suggestions or ideas on how to improve success this time of year. My two last times out I've been skunked... I typically try to cover water and find the aggressive fish. I just haven't found them is all.

If you attempt a pattern for more than an hour and dont get a fish... its time to switch it up. If your trying to cover water and look for active fish and you havnt had a bite, why continue to do it?..

Slow down, dead stick, downsize.. try something totally different!

Typically when the water temp drops into the mid to upper forties, i spend very little time if any throwing horizontal lures. I like to focus on high percentage deep areas with good weed growth on them or near by. Steep drops, points, and inside turn areas in the weedline with green weeds can be dynamite, but you have to be patient. My go to lure is a half ounce jig. Typically i don't get a ton of bites but the ones i get are quality. I had a weekend last fall around this time where my five biggest on saturday were around 26 lbs and my 5 best on sunday were around 29 lbs, but i only got about 6 or 7 bites each time.

Will be out on Saturady. Was out twice this week and managed over 30 smallies in the two times out, with the smallest being 17". The fall piggie bite is on!

Still have to find that elusive 21 incher!

I got out to an east metro lake last night. We caught 5 fish in 2 hrs. Our two nicest fish were a fat 17.5 incher and a sweet 20 incher that was in the 4.5-5lb range. I'd love to tell you what lake, but I don't think anyone would believe me... We caught 2 fish off of two remaining docks, and the other three were caught where there used to be reeds and pads, now all that is left is clumps of grass. Shallow water 2-4 ft deep. 1 fish came on an All Terrain stick bait in green pumpkin, 4 fish on a t-rigged lizzard, junebug with chartreusse tail.

Carl