Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dan z

when to pull decoys

18 posts in this topic

just seeing who sits it out and who hangs it up early

I will be doing some all nighters and all dayers pretty soon them days are LONG

I used to like when I was out in CA. We'd sit in the blind till 9am, jumpshoot till noon go eat and head back out till dark.

Here I try to sit till 10am, but sometimes I dont make it.

i know someone who gos by dan z who likes to stop 10 minuets before the day is over lol lol

If I'm on a hunting trip I'll sit all day, but if I'm around home I usually just go out in the am or pm. I hate sitting all day if it's warm or sunny with no wind, but if it's snowing, blowing, and cold I'll sit all day.

Depends, but my goal is usually to last longer than everyone else, I feel that way, when they all head back to the landing, they will kick up ducks and I will still be set up and ready to get some shooting. You would be amazed how the actions always picks up when the walleye bite is good too on the body of water you are hunting.

hey now mike thier was nothin around so it did not matter ne how now if we were on that island it would have been hard to leave there were ducks thier all day. I'm going out to that spot ta mara hopefully I dont get lost gooing to hunt middle in the am and hittin swan for the afternoon/evening hunt

just watch the refuge .... there are lots of signs around it if you come off of the north landing you will see lotso of them the south landing you will be along ways away from it but just keep going north and you will find it lol good luck

I am usually picking up between 10-11am. I like to get home grab a bite to eat and then get to pheasant hunging.

Ill sit all day on a nice crisp fall day. Ducks migrating through can shoot all day long or at least until we have our limit

It birds are moving around consistently and we only need a few more birds, we wait it out. But on the days that you know pretty early on that is gonna be bad I figure my time is better spent finding birds so you don't have look at empty skies again.

Usually sit untill 10, that way I can get to the Dairy Queen in Cokato for breakfast by 10:30.

ive done 4 all dayers so far this year. but I try to stay til 1 or 2. id rather take a nap in the boat then hang it up and take one at home.

Our Sunday trips are until at least 11 AM, but we've been known to stay longer. If it turns into a migration day, we come home when we feel like it, or legal shooting ends. But, I will say, that doesn't happen all too frequently anymore.

id rather take a nap in the boat then hang it up and take one at home.

Slabchaser, you are no rookie at this duck hunting game, are you?! smile I like your style!

boxmn haha nope. im only 23 but ive been shooting ducks since i was 9. going out alone since I was 14. I learned how to take advantage of hunts. I used to be an avid bow hunter but after moving from kato away from my land all i do is chase ducks. and Ive always wanted to chase duck than shoot deer.

right now i like to stay out til around 1030 for geese but if it is bluebird and there isn't much flying i'll take off around 8. come later in the season i like to stay out as long as i can since it seems like they fly later in the ice cold weather. no matter what it beats working

"The magic visitation of ducks from the sky to a set of bobbing blocks holds more beauty and heart-pounding thrill than I have ever experienced afield with rod or gun."

-Gordon MacQuarrie