• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

when to pull decoys

If I'm on a hunting trip I'll sit all day, but if I'm around home I usually just go out in the am or pm. I hate sitting all day if it's warm or sunny with no wind, but if it's snowing, blowing, and cold I'll sit all day.

Depends, but my goal is usually to last longer than everyone else, I feel that way, when they all head back to the landing, they will kick up ducks and I will still be set up and ready to get some shooting. You would be amazed how the actions always picks up when the walleye bite is good too on the body of water you are hunting.

hey now mike thier was nothin around so it did not matter ne how now if we were on that island it would have been hard to leave there were ducks thier all day. I'm going out to that spot ta mara hopefully I dont get lost gooing to hunt middle in the am and hittin swan for the afternoon/evening hunt

just watch the refuge .... there are lots of signs around it if you come off of the north landing you will see lotso of them the south landing you will be along ways away from it but just keep going north and you will find it lol good luck

It birds are moving around consistently and we only need a few more birds, we wait it out. But on the days that you know pretty early on that is gonna be bad I figure my time is better spent finding birds so you don't have look at empty skies again.

Our Sunday trips are until at least 11 AM, but we've been known to stay longer. If it turns into a migration day, we come home when we feel like it, or legal shooting ends. But, I will say, that doesn't happen all too frequently anymore.

boxmn haha nope. im only 23 but ive been shooting ducks since i was 9. going out alone since I was 14. I learned how to take advantage of hunts. I used to be an avid bow hunter but after moving from kato away from my land all i do is chase ducks. and Ive always wanted to chase duck than shoot deer.

right now i like to stay out til around 1030 for geese but if it is bluebird and there isn't much flying i'll take off around 8. come later in the season i like to stay out as long as i can since it seems like they fly later in the ice cold weather. no matter what it beats working

"The magic visitation of ducks from the sky to a set of bobbing blocks holds more beauty and heart-pounding thrill than I have ever experienced afield with rod or gun."

-Gordon MacQuarrie