Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ol' Lund

portable license

8 posts in this topic

Hey-

I was just wondering if you have to have your driver license number or something on your portable?

thanks

pretty sure you don't have to license portables anymore...

And to clarify...

All shelters, which include dark houses, fish houses, and portable

shelters, placed on the ice of Minnesota waters must have either the (

1)

complete name and address, (2)driver’s license number, or (3)the ninedigit

Minnesota DNR number on the license of the owner plainly and

legibly displayed on the outside in letters, and figures at least 2 inches

in height. Dark houses, fish houses, and portable shelters placed on the

ice for shelter while fishing do not need a license unless the house will be left unattended overnight.

I think you understood correct... You don't need a shelter license, however, you technically still need your DL number or address on the outside of your portable!

Honestly, I have never marked my portables and haven't had any issues with it. I have been checked by 10+ CO's over the last few years and not 1 of them mentioned anything about not having my portable marked with the required 2" DL number or address. Now that you don't even need to license your portable, I think it would be even less of a concern.

I agree with Burchoid. Doesn't hurt to have the DL or address on it, but likely won't have a problem if you don't. As long has you don't leave the shack unattended for you will be fine.

BTW - the rule not requiring a protable shack license was NEW last season. Before that, you had to buy a license annually.

My brother in law got nailed for not haveing ID on his house, it was the first time he took out his new house and had the id paper on the old one. he had to pay the ticket.