Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigred1974

hummingbird ice 55

10 posts in this topic

plan on buying the hummingbird ice 55 tomorrow. any feed back from anyone who has used one would be great! I love the features on it, just wondering how it compares to the fl 20

They are a new model this year, looks like you'll be the guinea pig that let's the rest of us know what you think.

Fish them side bye side Red and let us in on your opinion on overall performance.

As they are new this season to the general public the early reports will be watched hard.

I'm reserving my final evaluations on them tell I get a day and a night on the ice with one and see how they shake out.

So is the Hummingbird lineup replacing the Marcum lineup?

No, Humminbird is a seperate company. Marcum was purchased by Nature Vision and is now part of their line-up of products (Aqua-vu). Marcum is still available in flashers and cameras.

Like you say, it's loaded with features and looks great.

Like the others say, not many people have had a chance to use them on the ice yet. I've seen them in demos and they look really good. I'm looking forward to seeing one in action on the ice.

Humminbird Ice 55 Flasher

Well I picked it up at Thorne Brothers today, got a pretty good deal on it. I will keep everyone updated when its time to go fishing

bigred, can you specify on your "pretty good deal"? The lowest I have seen them is $438 online.

BR,

I used one of the proto models a couple times last year. I really liked it - the colors, the zoom, the clarity. If I didn't have other units, I would be all over it. But, if you already have a fully function Vex or Marcum and you're not a technophile, you won't gain much. It's still bottom, fish, bait.

Let us know your review once the ice season gets rolling. I think you will enjoy that unit.