• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What registrations do I need?

Sonicrunch

do you have the current registration or did you buy it used? just go down to the local license bureau and bring the registraion card with you. If you don't have that bring the serial number for the chassis, the engine size, and the current registration numbers and that should do it. you will have to pay a transfer fee and buy a trail sticker also

The stud permit is long gone...

You need 1 registration for the snowmobile (3 year license).

There is also a trail sticker you must purchase if you ride on any trail system. If you don't ride on any trails, you don't need it. This can be purchased as a yearly sticker, or 3 year when you renew the regular registration.

If you are going to ride on a lake that has a trail system crossing any part of it, you will need the trail permit.

Sux, but to the best of my knowledge, that's the law.

Can anyone else verify this? I purchased a trail sticker years ago but have since given up trail ridding and now only use my sled for icefishing. Since MOST lakes have a trail that either crosses them or goes to them it would be good to know. Iggnorance of the law is not an excuse for breaking it. I was told if using your sled for ice fishing it would not need a trail sticker.

As stated above, the trail sticker is needed if on any part of a trail system, even if just crossing the same lake to get to your fishing hole. Sucks but the fine if caught will cost the same as the 3 year permit. Best to just buy the sticker. Never know when you'll want to try out the thousands of miles of groomed trail anyways! Have fun with the new sled! Let's hope for snow all winter rather than earlier and then late, like last year.

Wow, that just doesn't sound right, I am up at Leech a lot and I technically the trail runs over the lake on a bridge. just north of walker.

So the law is saying I would need a trail pass then??? I was stopped by a CO last year and he didn't not ask for a trail pass but did check the registration.

I personally believe if your not on the trail its self you don't need a pass. I might have to look into that a little more..