• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wolves took my Deer!!!

iroutdoors

Last saturday i shot a nice doe around 120 - 130 lbs. Made a good hit and saw the deer run and then heard it go down. I tracked it for alittle bit and was losing light so i went to the truck to get my 3 hunting buddies to help recover the deer. When we got back to tracking, the deer seem to keep on going the bloob trail was good and for the life of me i couldnt figure out why she wasnt down. Then the wolves started howling. My buddy said in his joking little tone hey they got your deer (hahaha). He was right another 50 yards and we found the guts all over and you could tell the wolves picked it up and ran off with it. The kinda scary part is that all this took place within 1 hour. I know alot of guys have lost deer to wolves and i just wanted to share my story, a first for me and i hate feeding wolves. Good luck hunting everyone.

I really wish that they would open a wolf hunting season....there are definitely enough of them up there for it. However I just read in our outdoor magazine here in IL that they put them back on the endangered species list. The tree hugger types said that they were taken off the list prematurely and that they needed to go back on. So now it is not looking really favorable for a season in the near future and now it is actually illegal for ranchers and farmers to kill them again so they have to call authorities if they have a nuisance problem. I am not sure what to think. If any of you guys have heard any other news about this I would be really interested to hear it.

Wolves will not touch a human, I don't care how much you might think, they ran off with iroutdoors deer cause they don't like humans. look at the facts, how many times have humans been attacked in the last ten years. You cannot let them get you. I had wolves clean up my gut pile a week before rifle season last year and they swept the area, the deer got pushed out but returned shortly thereafter.