• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Cloud area rutting activity

Kyle

Anyone seeing any rutting activity around st. cloud? Im hunting a spot with alot of corn so it has been tough to see any kind of deer movement for me. I have seen a few rubs in the past week, and alot of large tracks in places that they werent before. I gotta believe they are chasing somewhat, but I think they are doing it at night in my area. What are you all seeing?

I haven't been able to spend much time in the stand yet. That will all change beginning this weekend and for the next two weeks though. Saw a nice buck last night make a scrape. Also seeing more scrapes in the woods. Haven't seen any chasing yet in the little bit I've been out, it's a little early for that I think.

Scrapes and rubs popping up all over the place around my place. The little bucks are starting to pester the does. Saw one nice 8 the other night running around with his nose to the ground. Next week should be interesting. Time to sit all day!

Good luck everyone.

I am sitting all day Thursday and Friday about 35 miles east of St. Cloud. I will report both nights what I see. I will be sitting in a nice funnel the first day with multiple trails going across. Hopefully Mr. Big comes strolling through.

I have hunted my cousins land out in Waite Park, and it is the same way hunter4life. With the corn still out, I have only run across 3 rubs and one small scrape by the woods. All activity seems to be along the corn lines and then they spread out when it comes to beans. (although he just got them out, finally) I am looking forward to the day that durn yellow stuff comes out, man.

Ya, Im really REALLY hating the corn now. i have a buddy that walked about half way into it last week and said it was unbelieveable. He said there were deer highways in there. So I know that is what is killing the deer hunting for me.

(Todd County)I didn't see much last night which was suprising. There are a few scrapes and one nice rub so far. I tried the doe decoy but no luck, hopefuly this weekend. Saw alot of beans being picked and some corn along HWY 10 (maybe syledge).

Its on for sure here! I went out and scouted my area this afternoon. 7 scrapes in a 15yd radius! Not only that, but huge buck tracks in the scrapes, and a very very defined trail that the big guy is using. I had a deer blow at me when I got out of the stand tonight so that was a bummer. Im going back in tomorrow morning....we'll see.

Well, I sat from 6:30am till 6:30pm and didn't see anything. Makes for a very long day. I would say there were easily 30 ground scrapes in and around the funnel I hunt but it was just to warm today. 70 degrees, come on! Will not be going back there until next Thursday for an all dayer.

I was up to little falls mid oct., little bucks grunting and rattling in, but big bucks seem unresponsive. Saw a few deer gathering over the last few days. Kinda want to see how the new gun hunt is gonna go. Could be better or worse for deer.

hunted this morning, had a doe at 5 yds. The buck was about 40yds from her just watching and waiting. He followed her off into the woods. I would have shot the doe, but couldnt tell how big the buck was until he stepped out. At that point she was behind a bunch of brush, and he was only a fork. Really fun morning, and the rut where I hunt is definately heating up. I take back what I said about it being on for sure. Though I do think the big boys could start running at any time. Then again, maybe they are and I just simply didnt see the big guy that made all of the scrapes by my stand today.