• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stolen Deer Stand!!!

Powerstroke

AlwysFshn, where are you seeing that you can't leave personal property overnight? It states that you cannot leave personal property that blocks a roadway or trail and any personal property left after 14 days is considered abandoned. It is illegal to leave portable stands overnight on WMAs or in state parks not state forests. Permananent stands are what is being talked about regarding "public property". Being from certain areas of the state doesn't make it right for someone to take property of others. There are sportsmen all across the state and then there are also others who take things that don't belong to them all over the state as well.

Andy and Chuckwagon,

Are there any identifying characteristics that make your Lone Wolf gear easy to tell apart from other Lone Wolf set ups?

Just curious as I may start looking for that gear in the used outlets myself. I would like to know if there is anything to look for.

My thoughts are - no actual hunter will resell this gear though. They probably wanted it for themselves - if it were a hunter.

Sorry for your loss.

I am looking directly at page 112 under Personal Property...."Personal property may not be left or positioned so as to obstruct use of a road or trail. Personal property left unattended for 14 days shall be deemed abandoned". Where does it state that portables must be removed every night from state land? I have read the book, and the only place I have seen anything is where it talks about leaving stands on WMAs or in State Parks.

Some public areas specifically prohibit leaving tree stands in the woods over night. I know this is the case in one of the areas I hunt.

Either way, I can compare leaving a stand on public property to leaving a bike unlocked or the car doors unlocked. Anyone who does it is running the risk of another person coming along to take advantage of the situation and take what was left available to them. Doesn't matter if it is "theft" or not. Some figure it is "abandoned". Leaving a stand on public land is like leaving your car unlocked in the bad part of town. Leaving a stand on private land is like leaving the car unlocked in your driveway. Plenty of cars get stolen out of driveways in suburban neighborhoods, even more get stolen from the bad part of town, either way it was stolen and you're screwed.

I see where you are talking about, but it since nothing about overnight. It talks about personal property and down further it defines personal property and leaving it after 14 days would be considering it abandoned. As far as anyone sitting in it, it talks about permanent stands, not portables.

While like has been said already..DONT LEAVE YOUR STANDS IN THE WOODS UNATTENDED!!!! Everytime I leave a stand out overnite I expect it to be gone the next day. ive been lucky enough to have only lost one. But his lone wolf, really should you leave a stand like that sit on its own, go buy a 30$ stand and leave that one out in the woods... Kinda askin to get it stole... really sucks tho..