• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stolen Deer Stand!!!

A Lone Wolf Alpha tree stand and a set of Lone Wolf tree steps were stolen from the Burnsville area this weekend. The belong to FM member chuckwagon. If anyone seems or hears anything about a Lone Wolf combo for sale please email or post.

I know Chuck will post about it when he gets a chance, but I wanted to get it out right away cause unless the person is going to keep it, they usually try to unload it pretty fast.

This is a brand new stand and steps stolen during a management hunt.

my email is epfd217 at gmail dot com

It wasn't left overnite on a WMA was it? I've noticed on the DNR HSOforum, conservation officers reports that they have removed "a bunch" of stands left overnite on WMA's this fall and also issued a few citations for this.

I usually lock my stands in for those hunts. I sometime pull the bottom climbing stick and hide it on the ground a little ways away as well. Only takes a couple seconds to put up one climbing stick.

I got one stolen a couple years ago but it wasn't a Lone Wolf!

Was it left on public land? If so I guess he should have known better and I'm with Archerystud on this one, But I will keep an eye out for it on [YouNeedAuthorization] for him. When you say a management hunt where did this hunt take place? Pretty Vague if it was on public or private land.

Bummer man. I've noticed a few stands with missing lower steps, its a good idea just to prevent spur of the moment thefts.

And yes, the COs and WMA managers have been confiscating stands, I have run into two separate groups on public land the last 3 weeks that have been taking down illegal stands

sounds like what happened to us a few yrs ago 80 acres of land off a minimum maitence road near hackensack so we go up 2 wks b4 opener to set stands, friday we go to bring our stuff to our stands and the ladder is missing from a portable takes some balls to do that on private land

In 2 years I've lost 3 stands and 1 trail cam. All were locked. It's a bummer but a reality in today's woods. I've bounced back and has some very memorable seasons anyhow and I hope your buddy does the same. I feel for him and am wishin a booner for him soon.

Browning - I do quite a bit of hunting that way. I go back on a minimum maintaince road just off of 40 right before Hackensack. I thought I was the only one in the area that used a portable but this past weekend was the first ever for me to see someone else had one set up. Not sure if they were bowhunting or having it ready for next weekend. I hope they had it locked because they set it up only 40 yards off the trail and if someone wanted to they can drive back there and load it in there truck in a matter of minutes. I looked like a very nice stand - ladder stand with swivel type seat.

I just looked from the regs and it says personal property MUST be removed from state forest lands. any unoccupied stand on public land is considered public and not the property of the person who contructed the stand. also, in wildlife areas and state parks that allow hunting, only portable stands may be used. They MUST NOT be left overnight.

Looks to me like it is unlawful to leave ANY stand on public land over night. Thats the way i read it anyway.

On page 72 of the Reg. book it states, "Any unoccupied, permanent stand or blind on public land is public and not property of the person who constructed the stand. Any use of threat or force against another person to gain possession of a stand is unlawful."

I had a stand stolen a couple years ago on public land, I spoke with the local CO and he stated that it is legal to leave a portable overnight and the way that I interpret the regulation is that a portable is not public property, just permanent stands. Regardless, I won't be leaving my stands overnight anymore.