• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Wanted To Share My Lowrance Customer Service Experience

Tuds75

Question

My Lowrance x102 was acting up, turning on and off by itself and the screen blinking. I posted the problem on this forum looking for help. Well some poster commented that I should call Linda Colt at Navico/Lowrance on her personal number.

Well I called Linda, wasn't able to get a hold of her, so I left a message. She replied with 5 minutes of me leaving my message. I then proceeded to explain the problem and she basically just told me to send the unit in and don't worry about a fixing fee. Didn't have to argue or go into great detail about the problem either.

Well that was great news, but the icing on the cake was within 4 days of me talking to her I received a new working unit at my door. And get this I hadn't even sent my old unit in yet. I was shocked and delighted at way Linda and Navico/Lowrance handled this situation.

I have called Lowrance customer service in the past and was met with poor results and no resolution to my problem (a different problem). But the way this was handled I am going to continue to be a Lowrance supporter and purchase their products (it helps they are great products).

19 answers to this question

I actually did some research about the Lowrance 102 and 332 units on online forum and Linda Colt's name popped up a few times and these were national fishing boards. So Mrs. Colt's stellar reputation is known throughout the land.

I had a problem with my Lowrance and found Linda's name on another board. After sending her an e-mail, she had me send in the unit and all connection parts to see what the problem was, no charge. She then responded in 2 days with an e-mail response at 4:20 am stating that they could not figure our why the GPS Not Responding was occurring, so she sent all new EVERYTHING out to me. She is unbelievable. Everything works great now, and I am no longer sworn off Lowrance.

If you have problems with your Lowrance, send a note to Linda, and treat her like the jewel she is!

Had the same issue with my 102c. I called Linda. Within three days I had a x-510c replacement unit. I sent my fried unit back after I had the replacement. It made me want to call and ask her to replace my 332c that has had many problems. I thought this would be pushing my luck. If it wasn't for her my days as a Lowrance customer were coming to an end.

I had a question and it was answered quickly and very detailed.

Not only with this person, and this company......but every time you have either a good or bad experience, please contact the parent company and let them know about the experience.

This is just my experience with the company, but this gal knew her stuff and got me on track, like right now! Who can't apprecitate this? Let the kingpins know this. On the flip side, if you have a bad experience (here's hoping you don't) then let the kingpins know this also.

I got raped $200 to have my 334 fixed(actually replaced with the same model that was already refurbed...obviously have many refurbs on their shelves ready to be shipped). I just went thru their HSOforum and their repair procedures. Never could get thru by phone after repeated and lengthy attempts and no returned calls. Anyone have Linda's number? If what you claim is true, I believe I have a refund coming. My take on their customer service is second rate, and their product not far behind. My next one's a 'Bird.

Linda Colt's Contact Info:

Linda Colt

Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]

Just need to clarify that Lowrance will not fix all problems for free. If it is not under warranty and the problems looks to be on their behalf then you might get a free replacement. Its at Lowrance's discretion to choose. I have contacted Lowrance(Not Linda Colt) about a bad H2O power cord, which from reading this board, seems to be a common occurrence and basically told tough sh*t its not under warranty. So I am going to chalk that experience to bad customer service rep having a bad day.

I, like a previous poster commented, have had my faith and thus wallet restored in Lowrance after Linda's help.

Good luck to every frustrated fisherman and please treat her well.

This spring I had a 522c unit completely crash on me and was no longer under warranty. I followed the repair procedures and sent it in. I also sent a letter to their customer service dept. basically stating that the unit crashed by no fault of my own and that I expected Lowrance to replace the unit at no cost to me. A week later I received a new unit in the mail and I have yet to be billed the $200 repair fee. At this point I'm assuming they aren't charging me. The only complaint I have about the process is that I didn't receive any response from Lowrance about my letter or a reason why the unit crashed.

After venting some frustration here and at a poor customer service rep (I eventually got frustrated and kind of harsh) with Lowrance via email, I contacted Linda from Navico and she is fixing me up with a replacement unit. Her service helped me re-gain faith in Lowrance, and other large companies when it comes to taking care of customers.