• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best rod case?

mozy

Looking to get a new rod case. I'm wanting the zipper style that will hold roughly 4 rods, and have the side pockets for tackle, tip-ups, etc. I used my brothers Vermillion Pack (I think?) last year and was pleased with it. Wanting some opinions on which is the most durable, best zippers, etc.

last year I got one of the new Thorn Bro bags and I like it a lot. I can get about 8 rods in it and A lot of tackle. The zipper works good also. It's black with blue piping and it has the cool Thorn Bro logo. I also had the Croixton pond rod bag it was ok but I had problems with the zipper. good luck

I have a couple of the Stone Legacy Revolutions. Really like them. I also got the Marcum Ice Pack last year. Really like it as it holds my LX-5 as well as a few tackle boxes. I have been impressed with quite a few of the Thorne Brothes products.. but havn't used their rod bag yet, so cant give an opinion on it.

darter, i have had the otter green plastic hardcase for 3 years now and i have 6 rods in it wiyhout tangling issues. its not a zipper but snaps/buckles. agreed with previous poster a bit large BUT NO broken rods.

On my fish trap scout I have 4 PVC tubes that hold my rods. They sit two on each side of the shack. They are out of the way and the rods are easily accessible. Especially when I am runnin’ and gunnin’. LOL. Couldn't help myself.

I personally like the soft case style with the hard PVC tube insert to protect the rods. They are very compact & secure, holds 3 rod combos perfectly, and most have a couple small pockets for tackle. The hard tube does a great job protecting the rods. Mine are Beckman's, but there are many others that make similar setups.

The main trick with these is to also purchase some rod slicks (like the one's from Clam). Really helps to prevent line tangles and problems with line guides snagging between rods.

I use one for holding my panfish rods (UL/L), the other for my walleye/deadstick rods (ML/M).

Hey Harvey, I am wondering how many ice rods you can fit into the Otter box. I'm leaning to the hard cases. It seems that the Otter box is slightly longer than the other hard cases. Thanks.

I use this box for my laker rods as they are a little more expensive. I have two baitcaster and two spinning units I keep in the box but because of the size of these rods and reels, it's full with those.

http://eelement.appolis.com/OTTEROUTDOOR...mp;V=7&iss=

If you had a few UL/L rods with smaller reels, one might be able to work a few more in but it would be tight.

It's a great box.