• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskies or BUST from here on out!

cjac

Well, I broke down the rest of the gear and only left the muskie combos in service. Realistically, I'm looking at the next two weekends, three if I press it. I wanted to hit 'tonka or Mille again for some walleyes, but time and work weather make it tough. Sucks, but that's the reality for me. I still need to winterize and drive the rig to storage, and I prefer a dry day to do that.

Next couple weekends will likely be around town for me, 'tonka is still a very good option, as is the NE Metro. Pheasants may be in the mix too.....

What's the game plan for the rest of you, and any late trips still scheduled? Lets hear the plans.....

My lake doesn't have Muskies and all my boats have been winterized. Likely the only open water fishing time left will be on the river with the Bro targeting Walleyes.

I might keep a 1-2 Muskie combos out in case the opportunity arises. If anyone has an open seat in the east metro let me know.

Luckily I have a 3 stall garage, so the boat gets stored at home. It is charging right now and will be seeing a few more days on the water before the season is over. Crazy time of the year with deer hunting and work, but I will still be out there punching away until the very end. Hopefully connecting with a couple of more fall fatties. Alexander has been good for me this fall, just hope the trend continues. smile

I'll be fishing till December 1st or ice, whichever is first. I really only fish for ski's anyways, so no big change. This whole short daylight thing is really laying the pressure on to fish as much as possible, it will be over too soon!

Grouse, pheasants and ducks mixed in as well. Never enough time!

I store out by Paynesville, MN.

Couple reasons:

1) Relatively easy for me. The family cabin is just down the road an hour or so, so I get one more late Fall run-through the cabin area to check things out. $150 for the winter and I've never had any issues at all. One phone call in the Spring and it's waiting for me outside the next day, no scheduling like some of the Metro places.

2) I take a fair bit of pride in supporting the ecomony out there versus here in town.

3) I bring the shotgun and hit a couple pheasant areas to make a day of it.

It's been the easiest process every year, no reason to save a buck or two and compromise the peace of mind.

i'll be shore fishing the rest of the year. boats stored till spring and i'll deal with it's issues then. going to be the mississippi river only i think from here on out. might hit the croix but only a couple times if at all. mississippi is real low and that bodes well for me and a few spots i know off shore for 'skis and 'eyes. then in december i'll lock myself away till spring since i don't ice fish.

is purple and yellow a good color combo? i sure hope so, i just did up a WTD to test this weekend wink ... and i'll test my pink/chrome jerkbait.

Still want to hit WBL or Bald Eagle at least one or two more times, Eagle Lake is down the road from my house so there too. Have never had the boat in water in November so it is a mission, reminds me of the blues brothers "were on a mission from god." I have not landed one yet this year either so have that motivation too.

Im going till Nov. 30, assuming it doesn't get terribly cold real fast, the river fishing seems to be only better, hoping to add a couple inches to my personal best. Also would like to fish and get a skie on a metro lake.