• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill Predator

nluchau

Set one up at work the other day, good, solid construction. Some of the nicest seats around, and the new pole system is really smooth. Only downside is weight, it's at 140 lbs. before adding anything to it, could be a bear getting in and out of the truck.

Yep, but they are a solid unit. The new pole system they have is a 1.25" pole with self-lubricating bushings, seems like a better fabric, and the tub feels thicker; the weight is certainly justified with this thing.

I looked at these at Gander in Forest Lake. It does appear to be a nice shak. The tub looks like the Otters and X series from Fish Trap. Looks like Otter no longer has the corner market on the thick tubs. It's nice to see competition in the Portable market.

I will be getting mine today. The weight seems a bit much but I think I can manage. I also have a 1 man flip over I use for early and late season. I look very much forward to getting this out on the ice this year.

I wouldn't be all that concerned about the weight. I own a Clam X2 that weighs 140lbs, and have no problem loading into the back of a full-size truck. Just prop the front of the tub up on the tailgate to load. I don't think the weight is noticeable when you are pulling by hand either.

I just looked up this model online and looks to be a very nice unit. I was surprised to see the suggested retail at $599. I believe the Clam X2 is listed at $699, so it seems to a very good deal for a comparably sized portable. Also, I noticed that Brian Brosdahl is also a member of their ice fishing team and was a key designer in these new portables. Enjoy your new portable!

Are there anymore pics or info on the new series? The HSOforum doesn't show much. I'm liking the insulated one, thinking my frabill triplex might have to go up for sale. The price is plenty high at $999, but what isn't these days.

The New Frabill Predator has all the nifty features of the X Trap, and more, but costs $100 less than the X-Trap.

All the new Frabill shack covers also have easy top access, and the quick disconnect hitch bolts right on. Very nice unit, will sell very well this year for sure.

I wanted a deluxe 1 man, so I opted for the new Commando. Very nice, roomy, front door, 64" head room, 53" fishing area (10 square feet), 35" wide...long tub, lots of room, deluxe seat, single stage quick fold system, access from the cover,...Sweet unit.