Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tipup

Heater vent help!!!???

2 posts in this topic

My dad and I just got done with our new wheel house!!!! It is 6.5x14 and we cant wait to use it!!! I need to know how to vent the heater? I mean I know how but to get the vent pipe through the wall what do i need? we have 3" pipe and bought a peice to fit the wall but it seems to big? Is there something that i am missing about venting a stove? I cant believe that we just run the pipe through the wall and let it buck? How do we weather proof it from water/snow/wind comming into the house? Thanks in advance!!! Oh yeah pics would be great if anyone has them!!!

The pipe on ours had one pipe inside the other. The outside pipe draws in fresh air. The inner pipe exhausts the heater. Therefore the hot pipe is not directly in contact with the wall. But it will get hot. Follow the manufactures instructions. Ours had to be a certain height from the floor and have a certain thickness to the wall. We used an extra 2x4 frame inside the wheelhouse to give us the extra thickness that was suggested.