• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many days?

Brade04

Probably not around here until december, but I have been thinking of driving north until I find 3-4 inches of ice just to get some early action and some slab panfish that can be found up north. Probably wont be able to do that for another couple weeks though, hopefully sooner if we get a cold blast.

Well 25 days and counting to my first planed ice fishing trip. Just hope it getts cold soon, for the last 5 years atleast I have been able to get out on a small lake the weekend of Thanksgiving and this year Thanksgiving comes late so am planning on the weekend before.

I made it out last year at the very beginning of December on a small lake down by Lakeville. The ice was only about one and half to two inches thick, but I was near shore, and the water was very shallow.

Which one? Just curious.

I am just as anxious as everyone else but remember that it is not uncommon to get 60 degree temps up until the 3rd week of November. I hope it doesn't happen this year because I am like a little kid in a candy store waiting for ice fishing season to get here.

I am just as anxious as everyone else but remember that it is not uncommon to get 60 degree temps up until the 3rd week of November. I hope it doesn't happen this year because I am like a little kid in a candy store waiting for ice fishing season to get here.
We have had some very warm (45/50 degree) days deer hunting in the past few years. I am still hoping to have the portable out b4 Christmas and the wheelhouse on Red around New Years.

hopefully a couple days after dec 4th or so gotta have some recovery time from the ducks but then again thier is late season honker hunting lets just say I hope I'm ice fishing when the lake is frozen over last year it was like three days after I shot three common mergansers on mad lake on the last day of the season

i will be ice fishing the area the second week of december gauranteed, that seems to be about the time there is safe walkable ice around.

also we can normally walk across our bay at the cabin in cable wisconsin on thanksgiving weekend. there has maybe been two years out of the past 21 that we haven't so hopefully i will be ice fishing after thanksgiving.