Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Brade04

How many days?

Probably not around here until december, but I have been thinking of driving north until I find 3-4 inches of ice just to get some early action and some slab panfish that can be found up north. Probably wont be able to do that for another couple weeks though, hopefully sooner if we get a cold blast.

Well 25 days and counting to my first planed ice fishing trip. Just hope it getts cold soon, for the last 5 years atleast I have been able to get out on a small lake the weekend of Thanksgiving and this year Thanksgiving comes late so am planning on the weekend before.

I made it out last year at the very beginning of December on a small lake down by Lakeville. The ice was only about one and half to two inches thick, but I was near shore, and the water was very shallow.

I made it out last year at the very beginning of December on a small lake down by Lakeville. The ice was only about one and half to two inches thick, but I was near shore, and the water was very shallow.

Which one? Just curious.

I believe the name was Crystal if my memory servers me correct. It is located on the East side of 35E just north of 42. I guess that's probably not considered Lakeville now that I think about it.

I am just as anxious as everyone else but remember that it is not uncommon to get 60 degree temps up until the 3rd week of November. I hope it doesn't happen this year because I am like a little kid in a candy store waiting for ice fishing season to get here.

I am just as anxious as everyone else but remember that it is not uncommon to get 60 degree temps up until the 3rd week of November. I hope it doesn't happen this year because I am like a little kid in a candy store waiting for ice fishing season to get here.
We have had some very warm (45/50 degree) days deer hunting in the past few years. I am still hoping to have the portable out b4 Christmas and the wheelhouse on Red around New Years.

December. At least in central MN. I'm sure we'll have some more 60+ degree days after tomorrow. And as Sparky said, "Hang on, we got deer season to attend too."

hopefully a couple days after dec 4th or so gotta have some recovery time from the ducks but then again thier is late season honker hunting lets just say I hope I'm ice fishing when the lake is frozen over last year it was like three days after I shot three common mergansers on mad lake on the last day of the season

i will be ice fishing the area the second week of december gauranteed, that seems to be about the time there is safe walkable ice around.

also we can normally walk across our bay at the cabin in cable wisconsin on thanksgiving weekend. there has maybe been two years out of the past 21 that we haven't so hopefully i will be ice fishing after thanksgiving.