• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tricking out the AC 120?

Dahitman44

Ok --

The boys are now 8 and they want a little more speed. Is it worth it to change some things on the 120 to get it to go a little faster. The neighbor's sled goes faster ... trouble, I know.

What are the pros and cons?

How do you do it?

They like to give each other rides while pulling the other behind on on a small sled -- will that work or will changes the speed reduce the power?

All replies are appreciated.

Hitman

Did you try putting a zip tie on the govenor spring? Just about doubles the speed. Have a 2000 Z120 and it's went through 2 boys and it's pretty much indestructible. The only issue that I've had with the sled is that I need to replace the drive chain every year. Kid's have out grown the sled so now it sits.

If you go to a AC dealer and ask for a speed up kit for a Z120 they sell you a $5 zip tie in a bag. Just get a zip tie and find the govener spring for the carb, it's on top of the engine and out in the open. Put the zip tie through the spring and tighten. Does not hurt the engine, mine has been this way for several years.

So -- how much should I compress it? the boys are 8 -- i don;t want them to go too fast either -- just a little?

Sounds like you need to keep it stock or put a pipe on re gear is and bore stroke the motor is kind of like a lawn mower?