• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have a bench model bandsaw

opsirc

think long and hard on what your end use will be for your band saw. Generally small wheeled saws tend to have shorter blade life especially if you work them hard. check out some wood magazines back issues and web sites for some tool tests. They may have tested the saw or saws you are considering. many of these sites will have discussion forums that may also assist your decision.

Cheesehead has a good point on the blade life. Also, on a small wheeled saw, you are limited to the maximum thickness of blade. That will limit the tooth selections you can run. I have an old 12" Sears floor model and I can run blades up to .025" and get good life, but I would not go much thicker. I have blades in several tooth configurations but I run a 1/2" X 3TPI hook blade for most work, It's fast, doesn't use too much power, and leaves a surprisingly good finish.

I had the Delta you are asking about,not only wood,my main use was cuttin deer,It worked great! It was stolen and replaced with some yellow off brand (too lazy to go look for name)Piece of junk! cant adjust blade to stay centered with tension just junk!!!

If its for light use homeshop,or meat cuttin the Delta works great.