Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Royce Aardahl

How do you make your deer burger?

13 posts in this topic

Post some different ways.

I just mixed it up a new way and it's pretty darn good. Still dry but not too dry and great flavor.

I used 15 pounds ground venison and 5 pounds bacon. It's dryer than I thought it'd be. Nice smokey flavor!

Yeppers, check the cooking forum..

I mix it about 50 veni, 40 hamburger, 10 pork.. its what my family likes.

7:1 venison to beef tallow.

Moist, hold together while cooking.

YUMMY...Better get me a package out today for supper smile

Bacon works for me too. My favorite.

Sometimes I just add beef fat. Pork doesn't freeze as well.

typically my customers like the mix of burger trim and 10% beef suet. It adds alittle favor and helps keep it to hold together better while cooking. I have had guys bring in bacon. We like the taste of venison and don't like to try and camo it.

Wow. I never mix my venison with anything other than more venison or an egg to hold it together. If I wanted pork or beef, I'd raise pigs and cows. Hardly seems worth it to spend the time and energy on hunting for it only to hide the flavor with beef and swine. IMHO.

Straight up is the only way to go. Every year I put 5 deer in the freezer and if I were to do a rough estimate for poundage if I were to go 50/50 I'd be spending $400+. I shoot deer because my family and myself like how it tastes. I feel very fortunate my wife goes likes deer because otherwise I think I would be down to one deer a year.

CNC- I am not trying to hide the taste, just trying to make it last a little longer in my case.. LOL

I agree 100% with you ChrisT, I also try to tag out w/5 deer each yr. When I fire up the grill and throw some steak or a roast on my girls will run aroud w/a steak in each hand. This meat is great for them. Also 100% ven. burger, no additivies other than seasoning.