Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzzsaw

Fall Classic

22 posts in this topic

I went up north mid week last week with my friend Stan and we were able to come away with a few keeper images. The first one is my favorite.

105074883.jpg

105090892.jpg

I'd have to go with the first one as well. The leaves in the BG of the first helps make it my favorite.

Beautiful work Mike. I can see why the first is a favorite.

Great shots both, Mike. That first one's rack has tons of character, and as chicks said the fall color adds a nice seasonal context. Very cool!

Very nice indeed Buzz! I'll go with the first as well for all of the reasons already mentioned.

Nice. I love the rack on that brute. It's extremely rare to happen across a buck in daylight around here.

That first one should be in the monthly challenge, and then enter it into a contest and win something. Gorgeous shots.

Great looking shots Mike now if they would just show up on opening day grin

I think it would be an appropriate favor for this moderator if buzz would e-mail me some GPS coords for that bruiser. gringringrin

Nice shots, after looking at the buck I see where all the antler points went from the spikes and forkys I see around here.

I think it would be an appropriate favor for this moderator if buzz would e-mail me some GPS coords for that bruiser. gringringrin

You'll have to sweeten the pot brotha Steve. grin Ya know its Deer season and the hunters checking in here are probably getting antler envey about now. I know I've never seen anything over a 12 pointer myself while sitting on a stand, let alone a 22, 23 or 24 pointer like this one. (I assume you count all the lil tines) Heck, how many do you guys count? Here is a better angle for counting I think.

105145742.jpg

I think they count anything longer than 1", but I'm not a deer hunter. I like that last shot too.

The first buck looked like it might be starting to get a swollen neck but the 2nd buck looks like it has a was to go before it gets into a rut smirk

I looked at thepictures and thought man what a nice buck then Jimalm brought up the fact that there are plural bucks. two hosses. I wouldn't have been pressing the shutter on those things, I would have been pulling the release on my bow

Dandys! Looks like a 17 and a 20 pointer. WOW! Being a hunter my jaw dropped. I'm happy with 8 points!! LOL

Bigguns!! I'm a hunter as well, just not as much as I used to be.

Know of quite a few, how many you want? Couple of em not too far from my house, If I had to guess there are probably 30-40 registered deer farms in MN. But thats just a guess. There is a guy up here that this summer had a huge Elk in his pen, havn't driven out that way to see if he still had him or not. I used to ride my bike that way just to get a look at the beast!!! There is a red deer farm in Center City, them are cool lookin things for sure. Then of coarse we have the Buffalo in Lindstrom too..