• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So, whats this going to cost me?

Newcastle

I have a PSE Polaris, approx 15 years old. This weekend I decided I'd take it out Saturday evening (after having 4 deer within 15 yards of me that morning while turkey hunting-no bow, just the shotgun). Before leaving the house-got it out, took the target broadheads off/put the field broadheads on-checked everything out. Drew it back and "BAM!" The cable broke? Not the string that you nock to-but the cable between the cams.

Couple questions-

1) I'm assuming this is something the Archery shop is going to have to order direct from PSE-not something made at the shop.

2) Any idea what the whole ball of wax will run to repair-cable-string-peep-silencers etc. installed?

Figuring if it runs what I'm thinking its going to, it maybe time to start selling my wife on investing in a new bow for "the family".

buss cables can be 15 bucks for a cheap one, 40 to 60 for a good one. cheap ones usually come in 1/2 inch increments, so they would usually put the longer one on and twist it to make it shorter. should be able to get out of the door for around 20 bucks i would say, ooorrrr, you could tell the miss that you need all new cable, string and goodies that go on the cable and string. loop, nocks, silencers, peep. maybe then she would find it more feasible to buy a new bow rather than fix one that is kinda old!

If you're going to replace the cable, then it is almost a must to do the string as well. not sure on string pricing, but i put on zebra barracuda string and cable on my bow. ordered it off of the net, custom colored, and the bill was $106 after next day shipping.

I just had pro shop order the correct sizes for my bow through vapor trail Custom bow strings and cables. pretty much any color you want, and when they came in the pro shop put them on. I think all you need is to tell them what bow it is, and the length of sting/cables. Both my string and cables in custom colors was like 80 dollars.

I suppose another important question is whether or not it is steel cables. The age that you are giving is right on the brink of having string or steel cables. If it is steel then forget it because there is no way you are going to find replacements. If it is just a regular buss cable than take it in to a shop and have them look it over completely. I work at Gander and the estimate that I would give to replace a cable....and I actually did it last night.....would be about 60 bucks. Although if the bow is that old you might want to replace both string and cable and that will probably run you in the neighborhood of 80 or if you want better strings just over 100

Ya-it's steel cables, which was what made me think if I was going to have them replaced they'd have be OEM parts from PSE. My first worry was that the limbs were cracked, I cant see any visual damage to the riser/limbs/wheels etc.

If already began selling my wife on that fact that it can't be repaired-not worth the cost to replace cables to shoot it and then find out a limb is cracked and its garbage now. Thinking I'll start looking a 2-3 year old used one-get $600-700 in bow for half price?