• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bravada T-case wireing

I just got done putting a tranny in my wifes Bravada and now the "service awd" light is on. Ive only had the vehicle since friday and the only time I dorve it was home from Ramsey when we bought it. (only had 1st and 3rd gears at the time hence the tranny replacement) I think the problem is the plugs on the T-case. There are three different sets that all have the same plug on them, I think one is sensing the imput shaft one is output to the rear wheels and other is output to front wheels. I cant figure out which plug goes to each one. Anybody know where I can look up where these plugs go?

Thanks again for the diagram, but it didnt seem to solve my problem. Im pretty sure I had the wires hooked up right the first time but now I know they are right. The "service 4wd" light is still on though. I dont think the 4wd works either. There is no switch to put in 4wd it is supose to do it automaticly. If I jack all 4 wheels off the ground in the garage the front wheels will kick in when the rears get up to around 20mph which I cant imagine is right. If you take it out on the gravel and kick it down from a dead stop the rears just spin and it doesnt seem like the fronts kick in at all. I really dont know how this system is supose to work since I just got it, but on my 00 1/2 ton if you put it in auto mode you cant spin the rears at all before it kicks the front in. Any ideas on what I could try next? Thanks again for the help guys!

I never thought about it before but when I took the T-case out I drained the oil and replaced it when I reinstalled it. The oil that came out was green which I assumed at the time was some sort of synthetic, I refilled it with regular ATF per the owners manual. Now that Im thinking about it I kinnda wonder what the green oil really was. Is the owners manual misprinted and I really need to put whatever the green oil was back in? Could this be causing all my problems? "Service 4wd" light is still on and 4wd doesnt work. I took out all the sensors on the T-case thinking I might have bent an electrical connection or something but didnt find anything.

Well I called the parts dept in Cambridge and talked the the parts guy. He said he had the service guy look up what fluid should be in there. I went and picked up what he recomended and it is GM manual tranny and transfercase fluid. I got it home and opened a bottle and it is red. This is odviously not what was in there before. I would think it should have been the Autotrac fluid you guys mentioned, that would make sense since it is an automatic transfercase and it would match the color of what came out. Im at a loss for what to put in now. Going to call a couple more parts depts in the morning and see what they say should be in there.

I looked up some more info on it. If the list of RPO codes is still in the glove box you should have one of these 2 codes in there for the transfer case - NP1 or NP4. The NP1 takes Dexron III (the red ATF), and the NP4 takes the Autotrac II

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
I would have called a dealer first, they would be the most knowledgable on it!

I did and they sent me home with manual tranny / t-case fluid. sick

Ok, I would have asked a tech at the dealer.

I cant expalain it but the light went off today! We took it too Chanhassen tonite and it was on when we got down there, when we started it up to drive home it was off. We will have to see if it stays off now! laugh

I had intermittent on/off issues with my light and AWD system on my '98 Bravada. Took it into a tech, he replaced the PCU or computer or whatever. Light went off.

After a few days, I thought I'd try the AWD system.....only could get 2 wheels to spin.

Looked closer and found the relay disconnected. Plugged it back in and guess what came on? Yep the light. mad

I didn't even bother going back and talking to the guy. Just went and traded it in. I was tired of it.

Finaly got around to working on this thing again and found the wires from the actuator come up behind the fuse box and arnt conected to anything! The red one had an end on it that looks like it should be bolted on a stud. The blue is just cut off and also not hooked up. Anybody know where they should go? I wonder why the previous owner unhooked/cut them?