• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ive been in the field either hunting or when I was about 4 just walking with my Daisy with the old man and have encountered few signs, my Dad shot an Albino rooster in 59 or 60 Mom cant remember exactly but it ended up getting stolen by the Taxidermist. Ive found 2 breast feathers in a roost about 12-13 years ago and one time we had a Albino hen fly into the side of the stopped truck on the road(We could see her a half section away coming at us), she survived but had a Robert Urich Bangaroo headache I could imagine LOL anyone have any experience with the White ones.

My dad shot a pi-bald (partly albino) pheasant years ago in Iowa. He has in mounted and prominently displayed in a box packed away in the basement, right next to another odd pheasant he shot that was transgender....Hen coloring with a rooster body and a white ring, and it cackled when it got up. DNR confirmed it.

My relation out near Redfield where we hunt shot one of those "freak" pheasants a long time back. He has it by his albino in a case in his livingroom. They are pretty crazy looking, this one had the green head and neck but a hen body, no spurs, short tail, and hen coloring. I wonder how common that is.

I have a beautiful piebald rooster mounted that I shot about 10 years ago. It is a very mature bird with long tail feathers...some are all white, some are normal and the longest one is half white and half normal. Specks of white all throughout the back and head area, and the wings are white on the outer half. It really is a beautiful bird! A young hunter in the area shot a fully albino rooster at about the same time, and it looks a lot like a chicken.