• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hello..

WanaBGuideSumdAy

hello everyone.

new to the forums!

been a reader for a while and i love this site.

and now for what i really had to say..

What do you guys think of this,

>a cooler to hold your rods on the outside by mounting PVC on the outside. It has a ruler on top alreadt to measure our catch.

>you can put your tackle and whatnot inside of the cooler.

>Than if you really want to, when you catch some fish big enough to keep, you can wait till they freeze up, take the stuff outa the cooler, and than put some snow and your fish in the cooler..

i'll post pics later today when i finish.

What are you guy's takes on this???

Do you have any other mods i could do?

THanks,

God Is Love,

Jordyn

I like the idea. I have been thinking of crafting an all-in-one chair/storage unit to hold my tackle, battery, electronics tip-ups etc. There are a few different products on the market right now that have this type of functionality but seem to have mixed opinions in terms of quality and price.

Taking your idea a step further, it'd be nice to mount a boat seat swivel on it and add a boat seat from the summer boat or find one cheap online. I like to make the process of packing/unpacking as easy as possible so containing several items in one unit and multifunctional is a big bonus in my book. Keep us posted with pics of what you end up making....i'd love to see what others use as a solution.

Jordyn,

The only thing you need to do to finish that bad boy off is mount a couple skies on the bottom of it with a frame for a little ice clearance. One of my buddys did something like that when we were kids and it was awesome. Could probably use just a couple of 2x4s cut at an angle up front and back so you can go either direction with it. Then finish it off with a thin strip of aluminum to make it pull easier and you can have some fun with it. Hop on and slide down the ramp at the launch and hold on tight.