• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Fishing???

Cool. Love throwing the big baits. Coming down for sure. I just got back from northern minnesota. Spent 4 days up there and didn't see a single muskie. Caught a bunch of pike, one was 37". All the lakes up there recently turned over. So I'm sure that had something to do with it.

With the forcasted temps and forcasted wind don't be surprised if West is in turnover in the next few days also. some signs of it happening already with the dirty water and floating veg. Spirits in the 40's may be a better place to try if your not moving anything on West. Let me know how you do i wont make it back out till Saturday.

Hey man, how's it going?? I changed my plans, I'm coming down tomorrow morning. Going to be on West Okoboji all day Tuesday and part of the day on Wednesday. I'm sure I'll run into you somewhere on the lake. Hoping the muskies are active, My trip last week up north sucked. Need to catch a few more muskies before the end of the season......

I have to work but i should be on the water around 2:30 i'll probably start in smiths bay. It's been a good year but it's hard to tell what this big blow and cold might do to them. some parts of the lake had already turned over and i'm pretty sure the rest turned this weekend. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

HuskyMusky, so how'd you do on Tuesday? I fished until dark, didn't see anymore fish. Just that one in the morning. I did try Spirit yesterday for a while. I got a late start because my girlfriend was having problems with her car. Fished until about 5 and didn't see anything. Tried everything. Oh well, I'm hoping to come back down for a day next week....maybe Wednesday, depending on the weather.

I fished smiths and emerson Tuesday never seen a fish but yesterday a friend and i seen 3 with one being a very nice fish. seen them on bulldawgs and jerk baits, not real active but they will be one of these next days. If you come down next week let me know. Thanks for the imformation on Spirit.