• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone make to the Muskies Inc pond yesterday?

cjac

I wasn't able to attend but I just got off the phone with Greg. I guess the weeds are still thick and green. We're thinking right now that we're going to have to delay the netting by a week or so. There's talk about putting some trap nets in to see what's in there in the meantime.

Stay tuned.

the day's getting closer... whats the up-to-date info on this... bunch of us would love to go up and help out on Saturday if possible...

Just double-checking... do we bring nets? wader? what about those who wants to help but dont have any waders or whatsoever??? What would volunteers be needed for???

As of now we're not going to be netting this weekend. We're going to try to get in there in 2 weeks. The problem is that there's too many weeds to be able to seign the pond. If we were actually able to get the net through it would kill everything in the net.

Stay tuned for details on when the reschedule date will be.

Hey Shawn,

I am wondering if there is another date for weed removal set up as well. I wasn't able to make it last weekend and neither on this weekend. I have a day off next week though whenever I want to use it and was thinking I could grab the waders and head a few miles north.

Shoot me an email at tom.dobbins at amec.com.

Thanks.

i'm going to copy/paste what i put in the last thread on this subject.

i'm going to build two custom Heckler ''Rides'' medium sized for free raffle to anyone who shows up on the two dates mentioned and helps out. and those who don't win will get a coupon mailed to them for 25% off any lure(s) purchase, good forever, and can be used with any other offers/deals. email address and name will be needed. or at least an address. i'll be building both to the point of patterning. the winners will choose the pattern they want and when they are done i will ship them to them for free also. i'm not able to help with the physical stuff because of doctors orders so i'm doing what i can to help out in a way i can. thanks in advance to anyone who participates.

this offer is still good.

i have the blanks all ready to go. i'll be puting a pic on my site of a medium hopefully by tonight no later than tomorrow night. basicly a medium ''Ride'' is just a thinner shorter version of a full-sized. just a thank you for doing what i can't. hope whoever wins them likes them.

Hey Guys,

Right now the plan is to use trap nets instead of a seign. The weeds don't necessarily need to be removed with the trap nets, but they don't usually get all the fish out of the lake either.

Right now we're working hard on getting a new strategy to get these guys out of the pond. Funny how it's harder to get them out then to put them in sometimes...

On another note we'll be stocking 200 yearlings in Bald Eagle round noon today. Stop by the landing if you'd like to see them go in.

Quote:
i have the blanks all ready to go. i'll be puting a pic on my site of a medium

had problems with editing my site but it's good to go now. smile

i tried to put a couple here but for some reason it's not working today. sorry.

anybody else having trouble getting pics posted from photobucket? can't seem to get it to copy. says copied in the little yellow flash box but won't copy. used to work fine. any help is appreciated. thanks.

Just to double check the basics, are you using the 4th icon from the right and not the 2nd one on the tool bar at the top of the post? 4th is for images, 2nd is for links.

Sorry if that's all known, just had to mention it.

Quote:
the basics, are you using the 4th icon from the right and

4th from the left. it says enter an image when i hover over it. now it doesn't even say ''copied'' it just highlights it. see if you can get it to work, please? that'll tell me at least if it's my end. heres what i get when i highlight, copy and then paste. DSC00413-1.jpg

what the heck? it worked this time, lol. weird, yesterday it would'nt. still won't do the instant copy. thanks all, seems ok now. heres a couple more then of a medium ''Ride''. my most recent. stainless rivet bearings, .062 stainless wire through, and many more goodies in multi- color fluorescent pearl firesnake. pics don't do the color justice. more pics on my site. father son team are winners it looks like so far. smile we'll see, huh?

DSC00408-1.jpg

DSC00419-1.jpg

Quote:
Nice detail. Only problem is the detail probably is more important to the fisherman than the fish.

of course i'm sure you mean... IMHO... at the end of that wink

IMHO, sound, visibility and contrast are the most important features any lure, not just top water, can have to maximize it's ability to attract a fish to it. not nessassarily in that order depending on the situation. recognition of movement is enhanced with contrast, which is the main focus in any lure i do, even my solid color ''glass'' baits. the rest takes care of itself as long as i do/use the right things. i.e. i'm not going to paint a square block and call it a nice profile. or paint fluorescent on yellow and call it reflective of ultra-violet light. without writing a book... i use top quality everything, from wood sealers, to the outer shell. and fish like my patterns, and if a human does, thats just a bonus. the detail you are mentioning has more purpose than just looking good and being bright and easy to see. for instance... see the black lines and the inside of the colored lines. ok, now with this lure in your hand you could move it from side to side slightly and it would aternate from almost completely black to what you see in the pics. so as this lure moves through the water and a fish see's it at an angle, as it moves into strait line veiw it changes some. it will show itself as something that must be alive and tasty using that subtle contrast.

BTW thanks for the compliment vahn. smile

Glad you got the pics to work, sorry about my mis-direction....left/right, port/starboard, green/red....I need help.

Nice looking lure, I like the looks of it.

Quote:
IMHO, sound, visibility and contrast are the most important features any lure, not just top water, can have to maximize it's ability to attract a fish to it.

These are big factors, I always wonder on a follow that seems "hot" but fades off.....was it me, or was it a missing trigger? It's not just the "attract" component/draw of a lure, it's its ability to trigger a strike or maintain a fish through the 8 and get it to eat. I'll take every edge I can get.

Quote:
These are big factors, I always wonder on a follow that seems "hot" but fades off.....was it me, or was it a missing trigger

at this point none of the above matters anymore and the next stage of important lure features kick in.... action and profile. after it's noticed and recognized as possible food, action and profile are the most important factors for that irresistible ''trigger''. let's say for arguements sake ''speed'' and ''motion'' are included in ''action''. remember, sometimes complete stoppage is an action. or just a simple twitch. do you wanna take a stab at the last most important feature(s) of a lure?

Quote:
Awesome looking baits, but did I see a little rust on the hooks?

grin good one grin

nope. it's a brand new bronze 5/0 VMC 4X. completely rust free. but if you prefer i can rust them up real good. that ones gone but i can whip another one up. smile