• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winch Cable Stuck

luckydave

While using my Warn 2500 winch on my Sportsman 400 to put up a tree stand today, the cable slipped off the drum and is wedged in there. It apparently is wrapped around a couple times. I cannot move it in or out. How much do I have to take apart to get it free and is it something I can do with limited mechanical ability? Thanks for the help.

Possibly, if you hook to a solid object and pull against it while tapping the winch button out direction you may be able to get it loose. Don't try it for long though if the winch wont run to avoid damaging the armature. If that doesnt work, you may end up taking it apart or even cutting the cable to get it out. Disassembly is not that difficult, but if you are unsure of it recruit some help if possible.

Macgyver55, You are the man! Didn't take any time at all to get it loose with your idea. It doesn't appear there is any damage to cable either. I knew that Expedition would be good for something! I sincerely thank you and all the ideas from this forum. This is certainly a wonderful HSOforum. luckydave smile