Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pascooter94

what do you think??

9 posts in this topic

seen on tv a way of moving the hide away from the meat, with a needle and comp air,has anyone try this??

I'm a butcher by trade and process about a hundred moose per year, plus a few dozen deer. I saw this on TV as well and I have an air compresor in the shop but I'm not gonna even try it. It's like the golf ball trick--why do people complicate things so? All you need is a sharp knife.

Thats how Peking Duck, Chinese roast duck is preped.

Probably need a $5000.00 compressor and lots a sutures to close any holes & leaks. USE A KNIFE! or chain the hide to a vehicle and pull it off but anchor the animal.

why not save MORE time and drag it home behind a truck down I-35? Someone complicates a ten minute job into rocket science.

why not save MORE time and drag it home behind a truck down I-35? Someone complicates a ten minute job into rocket science.
Hey Ya! Think it'll tenderize it at the same time?

I'm not gonna even try it. It's like the golf ball trick--why do people complicate things so? All you need is a sharp knife.

Whats wrong with the golf ball trick, works slick as could be for us.....Much faster than hand skinning, even with a sharp knife, at least for me, but I only skin 1-3 deer per year, if I did as many as you then I am sure I would be better at it.

If your only doing a couple per year it can be a pain trying to skin on table in the garage. I've got a sweet set-up here since I have 10ft ceilings in my shop plus a 14 foot high inverted dog house type thing I framed into the rafters. Then Ive got a 2-ton chain fall mounted below a 3-ply 2X10 beam. I use a heavy duty recip saw for quartering and me and a couple of young fire-eaters here once skinned and quartered 5 adult moose in 44 minutes.

Donsbull2007.jpg

2005-15-terry.jpg