• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what do you think??

pascooter94

I'm a butcher by trade and process about a hundred moose per year, plus a few dozen deer. I saw this on TV as well and I have an air compresor in the shop but I'm not gonna even try it. It's like the golf ball trick--why do people complicate things so? All you need is a sharp knife.

I'm not gonna even try it. It's like the golf ball trick--why do people complicate things so? All you need is a sharp knife.

Whats wrong with the golf ball trick, works slick as could be for us.....Much faster than hand skinning, even with a sharp knife, at least for me, but I only skin 1-3 deer per year, if I did as many as you then I am sure I would be better at it.

If your only doing a couple per year it can be a pain trying to skin on table in the garage. I've got a sweet set-up here since I have 10ft ceilings in my shop plus a 14 foot high inverted dog house type thing I framed into the rafters. Then Ive got a 2-ton chain fall mounted below a 3-ply 2X10 beam. I use a heavy duty recip saw for quartering and me and a couple of young fire-eaters here once skinned and quartered 5 adult moose in 44 minutes.

Donsbull2007.jpg

2005-15-terry.jpg