Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigging-matt

New Irons

6 posts in this topic

I have a question for everyone. I am thinking of getting some new irons. Thought maybe I could get a good deal at the end of the year. I am an average golfer (shoot mid 40's). Am wondering what kinds of REASONABLY priced irons people would recomend. I know you should try the irons yourself before buying, which is what I am planning to do. I am just looking for a starting point of which irons to look at and try when I get to the stores. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Cobra makes pretty good clubs at a reasonable price. Cleveland does too. Check out the models that came out 2 or 3 years ago and you can get a very good deal.

Maybe you can state a price range that you condsider "resonable" irons range from 99 to 999 bucks!

I second Cobra, over the last few years they have really improved and pices are much lower than other big brands.

Titleist actually owns Cobra not many people know that.

Also you might want to check out used, you can get some great irons in new or nearly new condition at great prices so check out the "pre-owned" options as well.

Alright, here is another question. I tried quite a few clubs and really like the Nike Ignite irons. Anybody else have these and if so what do you think. Am really leaning toward these. tried several types of irons. Really did not like the adams ovations.

We can give our insights on different brands and models, but it still comes down to what feels good, looks good to your eye, and how well you hit them on your decision to buy! All the companies make great clubs. It just boils down to what you like, and what you feels fits your game the best.