• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow and Shotgun

Newcastle

Question that I'm sure someone on here could answer. I have a tag for the fall turkey season (this weekend)and an archery deer tag. I have seen a number of deer in the area the last two weeks which got me thinking. Is it legal to have a 12 gauge with turkey load-and a bow in my stand? My concern of course is the legality of having a gun and bow with only a archery deer tag. I guess I could just play it safe and leave the bow at home-but sure as heck as soon as I do that a 225 lb. 12 pointer will walk thru broadside at 15 yards and I'll be kicking myself.

I've tried bowhunting turks two different years now and the only thing keeping me from getting a bird was getting one in range. I've had several in the 35-40yd range, but for a bow shot that is just too far. I don't get 3" groups at 40yds yet so I'll have to keep practicing.

Ended up not being an issue-cable on bow broke Saturday afternoon. Of course I brought the shotgun only that morning, had 4 deer within 15 yards of me-one within about 10 feet and I was on the ground. Of course as soon as I decide to bring the bow-it breaks,