Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Far-I

Cheaper Than Cabelas!

11 posts in this topic

I don;t know why but i just felt i have to plug a store for a minute! I shop bass pro and cabelas quite a bit. Recently i couldn't stop thinking about the new St. Croix legend ice rod with the built in strike indicator. It was hard for me to justify spending the money but the idea of an ice-free spring bobber all winter seemed well worth the money! Anyways i was shopping around for the best deal and i found it! Red Rock Wilderness Outfitters have them for 49.95 (which is 5 cents cheaper the cabelas) but they have FREE shipping. I alos ordered mine yesterday and got a free St.Croix jig eye-hole punch but that promotion seems to have ended. The funny thing is i live about twenty minutes away from this store, in Ely, and got the rod shipped to me anyways because it was free. But i highly recommend checking out their deals.

Red Rock does have some good prices but you can't beat Cabelas return policy and customer service.

I am actually a fan of Sportsmens Warehouse for prices, good customer service as well

I second the Sportsman's Warehouse. They actually hire people that know fishing and hunting.

Does the Red Rock place have a webpage?

Awesome. Lots of stuff that can't be found on the other sites. Thanks dtro!!

Looks like I need to spend some $$ on some Chubby Darters. Darn it!

I'm a big fan of giving the small business's stores. I try to do that when ever possible.

I picked up a couple of the St.Criox ledgend rods at the tail end of last year - heck of a deal at $35 a piece. Love these rods for panfish.

i think im going to get 2 of thoses rods i like it bult in spring bober i use them all the time and am allways fighting wiht them good idea

I am actually a fan of Sportsmens Warehouse for prices, good customer service as well

I find that I go to SW quite a bit as well for the same reason.

I ordered some stuff last year from Red Rock and it came quick and perfect. Two thumbs up for them.

I also use cabelas and i just returned a broken St. Croix Legend rod...the second one in as many seasons. they are a good rod but not very durable. So...for the extra .5 cents I spent at cabelas I have gotten $100.00 dollars worth of replacement rods at no charge the past two seasons. I dont know of any retailer that will do that for you other than cabelas. Just my .05 cents worth. Iceman out>